Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Can you still get to Aus without a skill?

Can you still get to Aus without a skill?

Old Nov 2nd 2005, 6:22 pm
Forum Regular

paulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nice
Default Can you still get to Aus without a skill?

We have lived in Spain for 2 years but have always had the dream of going to Australia, our problem is we have no skill to offer, I run my own property rental agency here and my husband sells houses but we do not think that is enough to get us a visa, how has everybody else applied? We have the money to go and would like to set up a business there but obviously need to get the visas first, can anyone help?
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 7:02 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can you still get to Aus without a skill?

Originally Posted by paulainspain
We have lived in Spain for 2 years but have always had the dream of going to Australia, our problem is we have no skill to offer, I run my own property rental agency here and my husband sells houses but we do not think that is enough to get us a visa, how has everybody else applied? We have the money to go and would like to set up a business there but obviously need to get the visas first, can anyone help?
There are many different types of visa and not just skilled. You would however be better seeking professional advice from a migration agent who will have a firm understanding of immigration law applying to your particular personal circumstances.

Whilst a lot of people take the skilled route there are business investor visas amongst others. I'm sure people will recommend agents they have used if you wanted.
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 7:03 pm
Forum Regular

lovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nicelovealot is just really nice

Can't you get in if you have your own business, check out the immigration web site
www.immi.gov.au
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 7:20 pm
Forum Regular

paulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nice

Originally Posted by lovealot
Can't you get in if you have your own business, check out the immigration web site
www.immi.gov.au
Unfortunately our turnover is less than 300,000 a year, maybe we need to learn a skill then apply
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 7:32 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Unfortunately our turnover is less than 300,000 a year, maybe we need to learn a skill then apply

Study in Oz might be a route in ?!?

Need to obtain a min of Cert III and complete a min of 2 Academic years of study to apply for PR after studies.

Very risky, Very expensive (as you have to keep yourself for duration and Oz will give you nowt!), and NO guarantee!

Still, it CAN BE DONE, and is my only route so gonna give it a shot!

One day!
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 8:16 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion
There are many different types of visa and not just skilled. You would however be better seeking professional advice from a migration agent who will have a firm understanding of immigration law applying to your particular personal circumstances.

Whilst a lot of people take the skilled route there are business investor visas amongst others. I'm sure people will recommend agents they have used if you wanted.
I agree 100%

Regional visas, plus try the stni or ens for your chosen field of expertise..

Failing that smuggle yourself in dusguised as a spanish onion

Good Luck

Steve
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 8:26 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
Failing that smuggle yourself in dusguised as a spanish onion

I'm goin for that if it fails for me!

Old Nov 2nd 2005, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

bradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to allbradfordlad is a name known to all

Have a look at the State Sponsored Investor 165 Visa.No skills as such.But you do need to prove assets/ past investments and be in a position to pay a $750000 Designated Investment.May be an avenue to explore.

GUD LUK
Ian
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 10:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

If you can get sponsorship from the state then the criteria for the business visa isn't as high, and also the criteria you have to meet to be able to go from temp to permanent isn't as high either. Maybe this is a possibility.

Amanda
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 11:26 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

You could always enter NZ 1st do a 2 year sting there then I think its almost automatic entry to Oz then.
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 11:58 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arkon
You could always enter NZ 1st do a 2 year sting there then I think its almost automatic entry to Oz then.

Not as easy as that.

1. You still have to qualify to migrate to New Zealand - they don't let everyone in.
2. Since earlier this year it's *five* years to wait for New Zealand citizenship. They increased it to deter those planning to use NZ as a 'back-door' to Australia.

Jeremy
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 1:16 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAJ
Not as easy as that.

1. You still have to qualify to migrate to New Zealand - they don't let everyone in.
2. Since earlier this year it's *five* years to wait for New Zealand citizenship. They increased it to deter those planning to use NZ as a 'back-door' to Australia.

Jeremy
Bang goes that idea then. I can't imagine doing a 5 year stretch in NZ, nice as it may be. I know you still need to pass a points test, but I thought you only needed something like 35 points and you get most of them if you can recognise a sheep!
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 1:33 am
Extended Member

Big Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond repute

What you need to do is this:

Find yourself an Aussie couple who want to move to the UK but who are in a similar situation to yourselves re: no recognised skills/family connections etc.

Get to know each other pretty well then get divorced and marry each other's spouses. Then one couple lives in the UK and the other lives in Australia and the partner in the new country applies for a visa based on their new situation.

When that's all sorted get divorced again and re-marry your original spouse in the new country (in your case Australia) - then the original spouse applies for residency based on their original spouse's new citizenship.

End result is each partner ends up in the new country with their original spouse and both have citizenship (or maybe only PR) of the new country. Everyone's a winner! And you get to have a little fun on the side.

Easy.

Might take a while though, as you have to wait a few years to sponsor someone else's visa application if you yourself were sponsored to get one.
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 1:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big Galah
What you need to do is this:

Find yourself an Aussie couple who want to move to the UK but who are in a similar situation to yourselves re: no recognised skills/family connections etc.

Get to know each other pretty well then get divorced and marry each other's spouses. Then one couple lives in the UK and the other lives in Australia and the partner in the new country applies for a visa based on their new situation.

When that's all sorted get divorced again and re-marry your original spouse in the new country (in your case Australia) - then the original spouse applies for residency based on their original spouse's new citizenship.

End result is each partner ends up in the new country with their original spouse and both have citizenship (or maybe only PR) of the new country. Everyone's a winner! And you get to have a little fun on the side.

Easy.

Might take a while though, as you have to wait a few years to sponsor someone else's visa application if you yourself were sponsored to get one.
Yehp, thats about the only root
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 5:20 am
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Yehp, thats about the only root

or an arranged marrage for each partner to an aussie citizan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.