Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Can you see yourself in Australia?

Can you see yourself in Australia?

Old Jun 14th 2005, 2:27 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can you see yourself in Australia?

Silly question maybe, but can you actually imagine yourself living in Australia?

I dont know if it's just all the waiting, or maybe my own pessimism in not wanting to tempt fate, but I just cannot imagine myself actually living in Australia.......

I keep having dreams lately of arriving at Perth, Sunday night I flew in, last night I went by ferry! :scared:

Just cant picture it in my head though...

I dont know, think I'll shut up as not sure if I'm making any sense what so ever...
Old Jun 14th 2005, 2:29 pm
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can you see yourself in Australia?

Originally Posted by bridiej
Silly question maybe, but can you actually imagine yourself living in Australia?

I dont know if it's just all the waiting, or maybe my own pessimism in not wanting to tempt fate, but I just cannot imagine myself actually living in Australia.......

I keep having dreams lately of arriving at Perth, Sunday night I flew in, last night I went by ferry! :scared:

I dont know, think I'll shut up as not sure if I'm making any sense what so ever...
That's all Im imagining at the moment.....nothing better go wrong or else I'll end up in the nearest mental hospital
Old Jun 14th 2005, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by Ransi
That's all Im imagining at the moment.....nothing better go wrong or else I'll end up in the nearest mental hospital

LOL!
Old Jun 14th 2005, 2:31 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Good god bridiej

can you read my mind, as this is EXACTLY what I have been thinking about on and off today.

I can't quite believe we will ever get there. My last dream was about missing the connecting flight in hong Kong and having to get one of the Sampans that the Chinese live on in Aberdeen harbour! Can't see that working somehow.

Shirley
Old Jun 14th 2005, 2:31 pm
Jammy Dodger

floss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nice
Smile Re: Can you see yourself in Australia?

I SO know what you mean.... I keep trying to iron out every detail in my head, but all the while there is a little voice in my head that every now and again whispers "so will THIS be the reason we don't go"... Logically I cannot see why it won't happen....... BUT!!!

I'm sending you karma - for peace of mind, especially in those quiet moments in day when the mind works overtime!
Old Jun 14th 2005, 2:33 pm
Jammy Dodger

floss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nice
Talking Re: Can you see yourself in Australia?

It would be interesting to know how much St John's Wort or it's equivalent the pre-move members of the forum get through!!!!!
BE Enthusiast

Sue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant future

I keep having strange dreams about it as well. Last night I dreamt I went to Blackpool and it was my last time at a British seaside resort. Am organising 4 different leaving dos at the moment and I haven't even thought about my brother yet!
I am starting to picture myself there now because one or two things are falling into place. Got a job interview lined up, am buying my dad's car and got 2 expat meets to go to - Gold Coast and Brisbane Bayside. I think when you have things in your diary it starts to become "normal".

Glad I'm not the only one then, and also glad my post made sense as even I was beginning to wonder WTF I was rambling on about!

I guess I'm just waiting for something to go wrong, trying to think positive but there's that little voice for me too....
Old Jun 14th 2005, 2:37 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Glad I'm not the only one then, and also glad my post made sense as even I was beginning to wonder WTF I was rambling on about!

I guess I'm just waiting for something to go wrong, trying to think positive but there's that little voice for me too....
I'm sure it'll all be fine. Just think, there will be you, me and UB40fan all meeting up for a drink in the new year on a nice Perth beach in the sun.

Anne
Old Jun 14th 2005, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
I'm sure it'll all be fine. Just think, there will be you, me and UB40fan all meeting up for a drink in the new year on a nice Perth beach in the sun.

Anne
It's a date!
Old Jun 14th 2005, 2:39 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

It's a bit like waiting for the other shoe to drop.... you know it's going to happen, you just don't know when!!! Obviously I really don't want something to go wrong, but I can't get out of my head that something will.

St John's wort hmmmm, maybe a little trip to the chemist is in order. seeing as I don't drink and I don't smoke, this could be a legal way of calming down. LOL

If I am like this now, what on earth will I be like in a couple of weeks when the application finally goes in?

Off to occupy my mind with something else for a little while.
Old Jun 14th 2005, 2:40 pm
Where I want to be

Anne
That would be lovely, if I still have all my marbles (or even just a few left) but you may need to wait until August for me. Will be with you in spirit.
Old Jun 14th 2005, 2:41 pm

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

At first I was all over the show, what if this, what if that? Now I just don't think about what it is going to be like - I don't want to be disappointed in any way. I plan on just going and then starting my life up again half way around the world with no friends, no family, no job, no car, no house .................. joke but true. I often jump and then see what I hit on the way down!!
Old Jun 14th 2005, 2:44 pm
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Anne
Oooo can I join you for drinks on the beach.....not sure when though
Old Jun 14th 2005, 2:47 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Ransi
Oooo can I join you for drinks on the beach.....not sure when though

Definitely

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.