Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Can you recommend a curry in Perth?

Can you recommend a curry in Perth?

Old Apr 5th 2005, 10:00 am
BE Enthusiast

steveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant future
Question Can you recommend a curry in Perth?

I am having serious withdrawl symptoms for a decent curry.. e.g. English style Madras, vindaloo or Jhal Freizi

Can anyone recommend anywhere we are Northern burbs but I am prepared to travel...
Old Apr 5th 2005, 10:07 am
BE Enthusiast

sue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nice
Default Re: Can you recommend a curry in Perth?

Originally Posted by steveyp
I am having serious withdrawl symptoms for a decent curry.. e.g. English style Madras, vindaloo or Jhal Freizi

Can anyone recommend anywhere we are Northern burbs but I am prepared to travel...
Hi,
Have you tried the one at beaumarris (ocean reef) ,its really good but tends to get booked up quickly, so reserve a table its also BYO.
give it a go
sue
Old Apr 5th 2005, 10:28 am
BE Enthusiast

salonit is on a distinguished road

Angithi in scarborough beach road inaloo behind cinemas opposite the shops - only opened 2 weeks ago and have been twice already and i live down south - careful though they have some teething problems with drinks etc but food is great - not like an english style curry more indian authentic but great either way!
Old Apr 5th 2005, 11:00 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Try Thai Green or Malay Massaman beef currys.
Old Apr 5th 2005, 12:55 pm
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute

only the ones my husband cooks, tried various curry houses here but not found one that hits the spot

Lynn
Old Apr 5th 2005, 8:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

steveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by movetoperth.com
only the ones my husband cooks, tried various curry houses here but not found one that hits the spot

Lynn
Thanks all... I will try the suggestions. I used to use a takeaway in Northamptonshire years ago near silverstone, they had two chefs cooking on an open range in front of you. Excellent currys......if I could find the right chefs I would open a similair one here.
Old Apr 6th 2005, 1:45 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

Try The Royal India in West Perth, Chutney Mary's In Subiaco, Nine Mary's in Perth (West end of Hay St)

Im in on any venture to open a decent curry house!, maybe a proper british pub (serving real beer ) with a proper garden and an indian restaurant attached to it, would definitely be a winner, there's loads of brewery's opening up in the swan valley, I think I heard a new German one opened (not the Duckstein) recently so there's a market worth tapping into. Would be the ideal setting....
Umm im a bit peckish now

Steve
Old Apr 6th 2005, 10:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by steve99
Try The Royal India in West Perth, Chutney Mary's In Subiaco, Nine Mary's in Perth (West end of Hay St)

Im in on any venture to open a decent curry house!, maybe a proper british pub (serving real beer ) with a proper garden and an indian restaurant attached to it, would definitely be a winner, there's loads of brewery's opening up in the swan valley, I think I heard a new German one opened (not the Duckstein) recently so there's a market worth tapping into. Would be the ideal setting....
Umm im a bit peckish now

Steve
Is Chutney Marys anything to do with Chutney Marys on the Kings Road in Chelsea I wonder? I went there last year, food was out of this world... around 50 quid a head though.
Yep I am hungry too, going to sample one of the recommendations this weekend for deffo.
Old Apr 6th 2005, 10:53 am
PommieLeague

Also can you recommend a decent Chicken Korma and pishwarri(?) bread somewhere? I like it creamy and sweet and full of coconut taste.

Old Apr 6th 2005, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

leedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant future

According to my bro in the swan valley there is a new restaurant open. Think he said it was a converted winery.

Its all you can eat and BYO. He was very impressed, and he's from Bradford! so was weaned on curry, like myself....mmm curry for dinner me thinks

good luck with the search
Old Apr 6th 2005, 11:32 am
Banned

djdutts is on a distinguished road

Chutney Mary's - Chelsea. How good?!?

Come on you Blues! Stuff the Germans!

PS - New website coming called www.RealFoodReviews.com - Independent revieews of restaurants around the world, from real people that actually eat there!
Old Apr 6th 2005, 11:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud of

Royal India...West Perth...fantastic service and food great ...BYO beers/wine
Old Apr 6th 2005, 12:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

There is a nic etake away in Joondalup, by the hospital. Called Govenders. They do a fab chicken/pumpkin/rice. About $12 for a take out
Old Apr 7th 2005, 2:32 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

Is Chutney Marys anything to do with Chutney Marys on the Kings Road in Chelsea I wonder?
No it isnt im afraid, I asked when it first opened, they had never heard of the one in Chelsea.
The same people own this one and Nine Mary's, and I think another one or two in Northbridge.

Steve
Old Apr 7th 2005, 4:20 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

How many Steve's can we have in one thread???!!!

There's an indian curry place on Oxford st in Leederville ( a bit more towards Mt Hawthorn, near the Re store and retravision sort of).
Don't know how it compares to other restuarants, or english curry, but we liked it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.