Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

can you post the best things about oz and living there

can you post the best things about oz and living there

Old Sep 15th 2005, 3:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

charlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of light
Default can you post the best things about oz and living there

i think that we need this to help balance out the negative vibe lately,i think most know the down sides now, what about the plus sides
Old Sep 15th 2005, 4:00 pm
Banned

Bradley7 will become famous soon enoughBradley7 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: can you post the best things about oz and living there

Originally Posted by charlie brown
i think that we need this to help balance out the negative vibe lately,i think most know the down sides now, what about the plus sides

Great Beaches, wildlife, some lovely people, the weather, excellent transoprt systems in some cities. Won't post any negatives seeing how you didn't ask
Old Sep 15th 2005, 4:03 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

lack of class system, reliable & cheap to use trains system ( NSW )
any more ?
Old Sep 15th 2005, 4:09 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

The fact that we can go to the bottle shop and buy two bottles of really cheap fabulous wine and take it into the restaurant next door instead of paying £10-20 for a bottle!
Old Sep 15th 2005, 4:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

charlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Bradley7
Great Beaches, wildlife, some lovely people, the weather, excellent transoprt systems in some cities. Won't post any negatives seeing how you didn't ask
thank you i think we all know enough negatives for the moment just reading some other threads is enough of a realty cheque for me thanks
Old Sep 15th 2005, 4:11 pm

fireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nice

I've been here for just over 6 months and have nothing negative to say about Melbourne. I love it and wouldn't willingly go back to the UK. I've met loads of friendly people, many of whom I just started talking to in the street....people actually smile in the street here The weather helps as it promotes a more outdoors lifestyle than in the UK. And there's plenty to see outside, that's totally different to the UK. I still walk down my street and am amazed at the variety of plants and birds that I've never seen before. I know it ain't all a bed of roses, but IMO life is generally a lot less stressful here than in the UK.

Carl
Old Sep 15th 2005, 4:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fireeater
I've been here for just over 6 months and have nothing negative to say about Melbourne. I love it and wouldn't willingly go back to the UK. I've met loads of friendly people, many of whom I just started talking to in the street....people actually smile in the street here The weather helps as it promotes a more outdoors lifestyle than in the UK. And there's plenty to see outside, that's totally different to the UK. I still walk down my street and am amazed at the variety of plants and birds that I've never seen before. I know it ain't all a bed of roses, but IMO life is generally a lot less stressful here than in the UK.

Carl
people smiling in the street now that is something you don't get here much keep them comig it's raining here you know
Old Sep 15th 2005, 4:18 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: can you post the best things about oz and living there

I've met loads of friendly people, many of whom I just started talking to in the street....people actually smile in the street here

thats dead right we were having a barbie ( not the doll ) in a lower hunter
park and before we had finished we had struck up several conversations with
local families, and they take you at face value its so cool

steve
Old Sep 15th 2005, 4:28 pm

fireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nice

Originally Posted by steve`o
and they take you at face value its so cool

steve
That's probably the best thing for me, people judge you on how you are, not by some preconceived ideas of what they think you're like
Old Sep 15th 2005, 4:30 pm
Worongary

That's probably the best thing for me, people judge you on how you are, not by some preconceived ideas of what they think you're like
or by how big your car / house is as over here
Old Sep 15th 2005, 4:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

this is what i hoped for when we decided on trying to go to Australia not so much you have to have this and that to be accepted, or to fit in just be you which is not that easy here a least where i live any way
Old Sep 15th 2005, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by steve`o
or by how big your car / house is as over here
all the houses and cars are big
Old Sep 15th 2005, 4:38 pm

this is what i hoped for when we decided on trying to go to Australia not so much you have to have this and that to be accepted, or to fit in just be you which is not that easy here a least where i live any way
You'll be fine here, unless you have some aboriginal blood in you

Where you heading?
Old Sep 15th 2005, 4:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

You'll be fine here, unless you have some aboriginal blood in you

Where you heading?
trying to decide that one, want to tour a little first then decide now i am getting excited just talking about it i know i am sad but no worries
Old Sep 15th 2005, 4:45 pm

trying to decide that one, want to tour a little first then decide now i am getting excited just talking about it i know i am sad but no worries
Not sad at all....excitement is all part of the process.

I see you're from Hampshire....well I'll tell you what's sad....I was born in Basingstoke

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.