Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

can you pay visa charges by debit (solo) card?

can you pay visa charges by debit (solo) card?

Old May 17th 2005, 11:47 am
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute
Default can you pay visa charges by debit (solo) card?

anyone know the answer to this, we arent in the lucky majority who have credit cards.
would appreciate any feedback,
Thanks

Trish
Old May 17th 2005, 11:54 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: can you pay visa charges by debit (solo) card?

Originally Posted by jimtrish
anyone know the answer to this, we arent in the lucky majority who have credit cards.
Thanks

Trish
If applying to AHC yes you can. Don't know about the other visas. When I did it the mandate in the application form didn't work but there was another mandate form on the web site I downloaded.
Old May 17th 2005, 12:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
If applying to AHC yes you can. Don't know about the other visas. When I did it the mandate in the application form didn't work but there was another mandate form on the web site I downloaded.

sorry to be a div, but AHC?
Old May 17th 2005, 12:56 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

sorry to be a div, but AHC?
I really like and use too often the word "div"

Australian High Commission. London.

I don't know how people pay when the application goes to Aus. I had a quick look at the web site but it threw up too many variables that I didn't have an answer to. Banker's Draft popped up a lot.
Old May 17th 2005, 3:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

I really like and use too often the word "div"

Australian High Commission. London.

I don't know how people pay when the application goes to Aus. I had a quick look at the web site but it threw up too many variables that I didn't have an answer to. Banker's Draft popped up a lot.
yep, div is a major part of my vocab, even the kids use it now...must cut down!!
ohwell, maybe someone else will have some more info.
thanks moneypen
Trish
Old May 17th 2005, 11:46 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

I
Either an international bankers draft in AUD or a credit card. A Visa debit card might work, but I doubt 'Solo' will be accepted.

Employer nomination is now dealt with by DIMIA in Australia - not London.

Jeremy
Old May 19th 2005, 2:11 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

yep, div is a major part of my vocab, even the kids use it now...
I don't think it's a particularly good idea to encourage children to use vocabulary like that.

Jeremy
Old May 19th 2005, 2:57 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Thanks

Trish

I'd actually say you are in the Lucky majority, not having a credit card

Kala
Old May 23rd 2005, 6:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by JayDeee
I'd actually say you are in the Lucky majority, not having a credit card

Kala
hi kala,

its just at times like these it can be a pain
take care
Trish
Old May 23rd 2005, 6:27 pm
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Talking Re: can you pay visa charges by debit (solo) card?

Originally Posted by JAJ
I don't think it's a particularly good idea to encourage children to use vocabulary like that.

Jeremy
PMSL,

Thats excellent, I find that really amusing. One minute there is a discussion about credit cards and then your getting told off!

Oh well, simple things eh!

R.
Old May 23rd 2005, 6:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Carruss
PMSL,

Thats excellent, I find that really amusing. One minute there is a discussion about credit cards and then your getting told off!

Oh well, simple things eh!

R.
missed that one! im sooooo bad
Old May 23rd 2005, 6:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by JAJ

Jeremy
My childrens upbringing is no-ones business but my own, they are very grounded intelligent children. There are far worse words that other children use these days, atleast they are always respectful to us as parents and to others in the family.
Old May 23rd 2005, 8:58 pm
JAJ
Retired

My childrens upbringing is no-ones business but my own, they are very grounded intelligent children. There are far worse words that other children use these days, atleast they are always respectful to us as parents and to others in the family.

Nevertheless, the initial impression that others will form of them in life will depend on factors like the vocabulary they use.

Using words like that will more likely reduce rather than increase their chances of being selected for better opportunities (such as good jobs) when they are older.

Jeremy
Old May 23rd 2005, 9:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by JAJ
Nevertheless, the initial impression that others will form of them in life will depend on factors like the vocabulary they use.

Using words like that will more likely reduce rather than increase their chances of being selected for better opportunities (such as good jobs) when they are older.

Jeremy
indeed, and my children will know what vocabulary is acceptable to others. children go through stages of using vocabulary that they think is acceptable in their peer groups, we all learn through this.
I use this with my colleagues at work in a purely joking manner, as do most people who use it. it is by no means meant to offend anyone.
Old May 23rd 2005, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

Bengyboo is an unknown quantity at this point

"Arse".......that's another good one.

"Retard" and "Gay" also seem to be very popular among the step kids. As in "shut it you retard!!" or "you are so gay!!"

Both of which are incorrect as I am mentally stable, and shagging their mother.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.