Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

can you help with insurance estimates for replacement items?

can you help with insurance estimates for replacement items?

Old Oct 2nd 2009, 7:30 am
Forum Regular

sormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud of
Default can you help with insurance estimates for replacement items?

Hi there,

I wonder if you can help me. I am trying to sort out the insurance for letton and percival and trying to do a list of the cost to replace those things which are worth more that £500 (individual and sets), I thought harvey normans would be the place to look but all the big stuff it says to go into the store to check prices and availabilty.

The things I am stuck with are:

Kings size divan bed (currently have a silent night the mattress cost £400)
Wooden table with 4 chairs (these chairs have leather seat pads and is a good solid table)
Leather 2 seater and leather 3 seater sofa with matching footstool/storage box (from DFS)
Beach wood with granite pannels, display unit with draws under, hifi cabinet with draws under and coffee table

Thanks, sarah
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 8:28 am
Forum Regular

Styler is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: can you help with insurance estimates for replacement items?

Originally Posted by sormesher
Hi there,

I wonder if you can help me. I am trying to sort out the insurance for letton and percival and trying to do a list of the cost to replace those things which are worth more that £500 (individual and sets), I thought harvey normans would be the place to look but all the big stuff it says to go into the store to check prices and availabilty.

Wooden table with 4 chairs (these chairs have leather seat pads and is a good solid table)
Leather 2 seater and leather 3 seater sofa with matching footstool/storage box (from DFS)
Beach wood with granite pannels, display unit with draws under, hifi cabinet with draws under and coffee table

Thanks, sarah

http://www.furnish.com.au/
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 12:45 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sormesher
Hi there,

Thanks, sarah
From what I understand of some insurance policies, the costs of replacements are determined by the insurance company, ie what it will cost THEM to replace, and only then from their own suppliers, and then they pay you the cash(by cheque) equivilent, which includes depreciation on the product (unless there is a "new for old" clause). Have the requested you to get written quotes? If so, you will have to go to a store to get them on their letterhead staionery.

Last edited by The Bloke; Oct 2nd 2009 at 12:49 pm.
Old Oct 4th 2009, 11:26 am
Forum Regular

sormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud of

thanks styler for the website very good.
the bloke, im getting very confused now as to what exactly they are asking me to do. we are doing it with letton percival and they have told me to fill in a form with the break down of value for each room or group of items ie bedrooms, lounge, computer equipment. then they say to submitt a second list of the things which are worth over £500 as an individual item or set ie the lounge furniture is all the same and if one is damaged then the rest will need to be replaced.
ahhhhhhhhh i think i will put a thread on for all thoes who have used letton percival for some help.
i am at wits emnd and have left it a bit too late as the items are being collected on friday.
Old Oct 4th 2009, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

Default can the people who have used letton percival help me?

hi there,
i am in the process of completing the valuation form and have written how much i think the groups of items are. i am confused at the second bit as to the list of items and sets of items over £500. do i just write a list or do i have to say how much they would cost to replace? do i do this in pounds or dollars?
the people who have had to make a claim what is their process? someone on here mentioned that i need to get quote from all these shops on their headed paper. surly i dont need to do that do i ?
please please help i am stuck and my house is being packed on friday and i am starting to panic i know i have left it far too late.
thanks in anticipation