Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Can you help - De Facto Relationship??

Can you help - De Facto Relationship??

Old Aug 4th 2006, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

debsnshaun has a brilliant futuredebsnshaun has a brilliant futuredebsnshaun has a brilliant futuredebsnshaun has a brilliant futuredebsnshaun has a brilliant futuredebsnshaun has a brilliant futuredebsnshaun has a brilliant future
Default Can you help - De Facto Relationship??

I am presently getting everything ready to submit our visa application. We know that we have to provide evidence of our relationship, as we are not married, but our agent has told us that a copy of our joint mortgage agreement and joint bank statements is not enough. However, I believe you have to get statutory declarations from friends and family. Does anybody please have any defacto relationship information that you could possibly email to me my email address is ***removed***. Your help in this matter would be greatly received.

Kind regards

Debbie, Lancaster, UK

Last edited by Pollyana; Aug 6th 2006 at 8:17 am. Reason: Please use the private message facility rather than placing email addresses on the open forum
Old Aug 4th 2006, 6:02 pm
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can you help - De Facto Relationship??

Originally Posted by debsnshaun
I am presently getting everything ready to submit our visa application. We know that we have to provide evidence of our relationship, as we are not married, but our agent has told us that a copy of our joint mortgage agreement and joint bank statements is not enough. However, I believe you have to get statutory declarations from friends and family. Does anybody please have any defacto relationship information that you could possibly email to me my email address is [email]removed[ /email]. Your help in this matter would be greatly received.

Kind regards

Debbie, Lancaster, UK

Hi Debbie

We are just getting ours ready to send off now. We have bank statements, mortgage statements and other bills in joint names. We also have a 2 yr old together.
We have done a personal history statement, where and when we met, when we moved in together, opened bank accounts together, bought a car together and also put details of holidays we had been on together and both signed it. Our friends and family havent had to do anything for us.

Hope this helps a bit.

Good luck
Joex

Last edited by Pollyana; Aug 6th 2006 at 6:00 am. Reason: email address removed from quote
Old Aug 4th 2006, 6:19 pm
Forum Regular

dade is just really nicedade is just really nicedade is just really nicedade is just really nicedade is just really nicedade is just really nicedade is just really nicedade is just really nicedade is just really nicedade is just really nicedade is just really nice

Hi there

Don't know if this will help but when I applied on the basis of a de facto relationship some years ago, we didn't even have a joint mortgage. We had a joint bank account though which we provided proof of. We did have to provide 2 statutory declarations from 2 people who knew us well and our relationship and a stat declaration as well from me the applicant just saying how we met etc. We also provided lots of photos, e.g. pics on holiday, pics of me, partner and his daughter on normal outings, pics of us with family, at christmas etc. Anything that will show that you live together and do things together will be helpful. we were required to attend an interview just before the visa was granted. I was applying from within Aus so don't know if interviews are a requirement for people outside. Basically they just want to know that you are not claiming a partnership of convenience and it's quite a simple process.

Good luck!
Old Aug 5th 2006, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

Wilpurina is just really niceWilpurina is just really niceWilpurina is just really niceWilpurina is just really niceWilpurina is just really niceWilpurina is just really niceWilpurina is just really niceWilpurina is just really nice

Hi - we sent all our old jointly received christmas cards (including envelopes!), birthday and valentines cards etc. A friend of mine advised me to keep everything when she was doing the same for NZ a few years back. It's amazing the stuff you think of as junk can actually come in really useful!
Another useful tip thanks to our agent - there is usually an assurance of support required, our agent asked them to waive it (no special circumstances involved) and they just did - no questions asked !! Good luck !!
Old Aug 5th 2006, 9:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

We sent:
  • Personal statements from myself and my partner detailing history of relationship
  • 3 x statutory statements from Australians
  • 1x letter from my parents detailing relationship
  • lease in joint names
  • bank statements in joint names
  • Electricity, phone, gas bills in joint names
  • boarding passes showing joint travel
  • christmas cards, postcards etc sent to both of us
  • letters sent to our relatives which mentioned our relationship
  • photos of us together
  • tickets to sporting events, concerts etc
  • tickets to trade shows I attended with my boyfriend as part of his business activity
  • tax statements showing defacto relationship
  • car insurance in joint names
  • probably other things, we filled up a folder!
Good luck!

PS we weren't ever asked for an assurance of support and didn't use an agent. We were told it is hardly ever asked for if your partner is from the UK or similar.
Old Aug 5th 2006, 9:29 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

I am presently getting everything ready to submit our visa application. We know that we have to provide evidence of our relationship, as we are not married, but our agent has told us that a copy of our joint mortgage agreement and joint bank statements is not enough. However, I believe you have to get statutory declarations from friends and family. Does anybody please have any defacto relationship information that you could possibly email to me my email address is [email protected]. Your help in this matter would be greatly received.

Kind regards

Debbie, Lancaster, UK
I see that people have answered your question so no need for my list but more importantly hasnt your agent given you any info?? ours gave us examples of stat decs and a list of what info to submit. Its what your paying em for isnt it.

good luck with it
Old Aug 6th 2006, 7:38 am
Visa Granted - yahoo!

PrincessUK is just really nicePrincessUK is just really nicePrincessUK is just really nicePrincessUK is just really nicePrincessUK is just really nicePrincessUK is just really nicePrincessUK is just really nicePrincessUK is just really nicePrincessUK is just really nicePrincessUK is just really nicePrincessUK is just really nice

I am presently getting everything ready to submit our visa application. We know that we have to provide evidence of our relationship, as we are not married, but our agent has told us that a copy of our joint mortgage agreement and joint bank statements is not enough. However, I believe you have to get statutory declarations from friends and family. Does anybody please have any defacto relationship information that you could possibly email to me my email address is removed. Your help in this matter would be greatly received.

Kind regards

Debbie, Lancaster, UK
Hi Debbie,

I submitted a Fiance visa recently and we don't have a joint mortgage. I submitted joint bank account and we both wrote a statement about how we both earn money that goes into joint account and we pay all bills from that.

Good Luck
Old Aug 6th 2006, 8:10 am
BE Enthusiast

rpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by PrincessUK
Hi Debbie,

I submitted a Fiance visa recently and we don't have a joint mortgage. I submitted joint bank account and we both wrote a statement about how we both earn money that goes into joint account and we pay all bills from that.

Good Luck
how long did it take to get approved? do you have children?
Old Aug 6th 2006, 8:15 am
Visa Granted - yahoo!

PrincessUK is just really nicePrincessUK is just really nicePrincessUK is just really nicePrincessUK is just really nicePrincessUK is just really nicePrincessUK is just really nicePrincessUK is just really nicePrincessUK is just really nicePrincessUK is just really nicePrincessUK is just really nicePrincessUK is just really nice

Originally Posted by rpa34
how long did it take to get approved? do you have children?
Hi it took excatly 3 weeks. No we don't have any children.
Old Aug 6th 2006, 8:16 am
BE Enthusiast

rpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud of

Hi it took excatly 3 weeks. No we don't have any children.
fantastic!
we have a 16mth old daughter and will submit application within next fortnight. fingers crossed there wont be a problem.
Old Aug 6th 2006, 8:19 am
Visa Granted - yahoo!

fantastic!
we have a 16mth old daughter and will submit application within next fortnight. fingers crossed there wont be a problem.
Hi - I was wooried sick that I'd filled all the forms in wrong and had missed soemthing huge. Kept checking and re checking visa until it drove everone mad. Just believe in your abilities and good luck with it. I only had to supply one extra piece of evidence and then it was granted.

Fingers crossed.
Old Aug 6th 2006, 8:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi - I was wooried sick that I'd filled all the forms in wrong and had missed soemthing huge. Kept checking and re checking visa until it drove everone mad. Just believe in your abilities and good luck with it. I only had to supply one extra piece of evidence and then it was granted.

Fingers crossed.
Thanks!!

OH isnt concerned with sending more than the minimum. I want to send more so we dont have any queries. We have already booked flights for November so no time to waste. trying not to panic.
Old Aug 6th 2006, 8:40 am
Back in OZ!

ElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond repute

We submitted -

2 Stat Decs from Aussies
3 letters from British friends/family
6 pages of photos
concert tickets
joint bank statements,
visa bill with partner as additional card holder (including a visa statement from 2002 where we had both been on holiday in Dublin).
Joint utility bills
Statements about our relationship together.

We submitted all this on 18th July and we have a CO. We were asked to get an Australian police clearance done for my partner, so right now we are waiting for that to come back.

Good Luck
Old Aug 6th 2006, 9:34 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

We did most of the above,plus we took 2 witnesses to the solicitors to swear on the bible
Old Aug 6th 2006, 4:00 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks!!

OH isnt concerned with sending more than the minimum. I want to send more so we dont have any queries. We have already booked flights for November so no time to waste. trying not to panic.
is your OH an aussie? only our visas took 6 months we are both british citizens

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.