Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Can you go Employer sponsored and apply for 136 at the same time?

Can you go Employer sponsored and apply for 136 at the same time?

Old Nov 25th 2005, 5:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant future
Default Can you go Employer sponsored and apply for 136 at the same time?

Hello, we are applying for TRA currently, just wondering if there is an employer willing to sponsor me in the meantime could I do that whilst also applying for a 136 indy skilled VISA (assuming TRA gets passed)?
Old Nov 25th 2005, 5:32 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can you go Employer sponsored and apply for 136 at the same time?

Originally Posted by caleb2003
Hello, we are applying for TRA currently, just wondering if there is an employer willing to sponsor me in the meantime could I do that whilst also applying for a 136 indy skilled VISA (assuming TRA gets passed)?
As far as I am aware (please somebody correct me if I am wrong) but if you already have a visa application in and then submit another then the 2nd cancels out the first....... best off posting the question on the Immigration Forum as there are Migration Agents that frequent that forum who could give you a definitive answer.
Old Nov 25th 2005, 5:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
As far as I am aware (please somebody correct me if I am wrong) but if you already have a visa application in and then submit another then the 2nd cancels out the first....... best off posting the question on the Immigration Forum as there are Migration Agents that frequent that forum who could give you a definitive answer.
Good idea, thanks
Old Nov 25th 2005, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

MikeMc is an unknown quantity at this point

Mine went the other way....my application was sent in on a 136, but as usual they changed the rules and I needed an additional 5 points. This was a year and half down the line now. We supported supporting documentation for sponsors and went with the wife as primary now not me. But All worked out thankfully 2 years later.