Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Can you get sky sports?

Can you get sky sports?

Old Feb 23rd 2006, 1:39 am
Forum Regular

pasty legs is a name known to allpasty legs is a name known to allpasty legs is a name known to allpasty legs is a name known to allpasty legs is a name known to allpasty legs is a name known to allpasty legs is a name known to allpasty legs is a name known to allpasty legs is a name known to allpasty legs is a name known to allpasty legs is a name known to all
Default Can you get sky sports?

I need say no more!
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 3:10 am
Hilton`s

Hilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to all
Default Re: Can you get sky sports?

Originally Posted by pasty legs
I need say no more!
We are in Pacific Pines on the gold coast and have got Austar tv.

My husband says we don`t get Sky Sports as such but we do get
Premiership games and I know he watches the golf.

Tracey x
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 5:38 am
karma? You make your own!

adriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Hilton`s
We are in Pacific Pines on the gold coast and have got Austar tv.

My husband says we don`t get Sky Sports as such but we do get
Premiership games and I know he watches the golf.

Tracey x
I stayed with some friends in the ACT in August, and they had Foxtex. The decoder, remote control and all of the channel menu's and navigation was pretty well identical to Sky.

There were nowhere near the same amount of channels, all of those Discovery H&L, Travel and all that. There were sports channels, including the footie. Looked like it was the Sky coverage, but aren't they all part of the Murdoch (sp?) empire? There were some movie channels, but not as many as Sky.
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 6:37 am
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

It's very similar to sky but does not have the extensive footie coverage and the games are on late at night, but all in all it's ok.
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 8:06 am
Forum Regular

clan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really nice

Originally Posted by karenjc
It's very similar to sky but does not have the extensive footie coverage and the games are on late at night, but all in all it's ok.
Late at night - thats when an equivalent to Sky+ would come in handy - do they have an equivalent ?

Cheers

Neil
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 8:25 am
Forum Regular

The Hun is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by clan_campbell
Late at night - thats when an equivalent to Sky+ would come in handy - do they have an equivalent ?

Cheers

Neil
Yeah, think it's called IQ.
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 8:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Rudy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pasty legs
I need say no more!
Yes, here is the link to foxtel http://www.foxtel.tv/channel/lineup.html

We have the platinum package with most of the channels, pretty much like SKY. You also get two free box office a month on this package and IQ (Skyplus) is an extra $10 a month.

I don't watch the sport, so can't comment.