Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Can you get 'Coffee-mate' in Perth?

Can you get 'Coffee-mate' in Perth?

Old Mar 13th 2006, 1:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute
Default Can you get 'Coffee-mate' in Perth?

Duh.

Sorry trivial question but my (soon to arrive) Mother-in-Law won't drink coffee without it. Have looked in Woolies but not found an equivalent.

If I can't find it can she bring it with her or will it qualify as dairy even though it's dried? Have a feeling it does as read something about babies' formula being a no-no.

Honestly
Old Mar 13th 2006, 1:45 pm
Home at last

michellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to all
Default Re: Can you get 'Coffee-mate' in Perth?

Originally Posted by The Jones Family
Duh.

Sorry trivial question but my (soon to arrive) Mother-in-Law won't drink coffee without it. Have looked in Woolies but not found an equivalent.

If I can't find it can she bring it with her or will it qualify as dairy even though it's dried? Have a feeling it does as read something about babies' formula being a no-no.

Honestly

LOL at your MIL! It really does fit into the "some people " Bracket! I took (dried) formula milk to Australia with me a year ago (my son was Breastfed and when i took a night off he would only drink one particular type so i had to take it with me!) and it was fine, so I would say she's probably OK but am obviously no expert.
Michelle
Old Mar 13th 2006, 2:23 pm
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light

That's really made me laugh.........and made me realise I shall have to get my mum to bring over her own supply when she comes next month. God, I can't remember her kitchen cupboards without the obligatory brown jar!!

Can't help, sorry!!!
Old Mar 13th 2006, 5:54 pm
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

Duh.

Honestly
If your mean a coffee whitener, you can buy it at any woolies, coles, action supermarket etc. I've never bought it but seen it there. It may be called a different name though and is usually in either the coffee or longlife/powdered milk section
Old Mar 13th 2006, 6:04 pm
Back in OZ!

ElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond repute

eww can't stand the stuff!!! Like my Coffee with real milk or at the very least the UHT long life stuff...

I know you can get coffee whitners, not sure how they taste compared to coffee mate though...

Old Mar 13th 2006, 6:41 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

That stuff is absolutely loaded with fat ... Very bad for you.

Get some real cream in ... if you're going to have fat you may as well have the good stuff.
Old Mar 14th 2006, 12:08 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Of course you can get coffee mate. You can get tea as well, mate
Old Mar 14th 2006, 1:45 am
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ElshaUK
I know you can get coffee whitners, not sure how they taste compared to coffee mate though...

Can't help you there as I never use the stuff. The idea smacks of 'plastic milk' to me (powdered milk) which I absolutely detest.
Old Mar 14th 2006, 1:47 am
Banned

Duh.

Honestly
I would think she would be okay to bring a sealed packet of it over but MUST declare it upon arrival at customs.
Old Mar 14th 2006, 3:54 am
Grumpy Old Woman!!

Moody Cow is a jewel in the roughMoody Cow is a jewel in the roughMoody Cow is a jewel in the roughMoody Cow is a jewel in the roughMoody Cow is a jewel in the rough

Duh.

Honestly

You can get real "Coffeemate" in most supermarkets - v expensive though! Plus those little portion packs of the flavoured liquid creams, yummy! You will find that both Woolies and Coles have their own brand of coffee whiteners too which are equally as good.

MC
Old Mar 14th 2006, 6:34 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Can you get 'Coffee-mate' in Perth?

Duh.

Honestly
Yes, you can.
Old Mar 14th 2006, 7:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kiwichild
Can't help you there as I never use the stuff. The idea smacks of 'plastic milk' to me (powdered milk) which I absolutely detest.
Yes I quite agree, however I can't dictate the tastebuds of others can I
Old Mar 14th 2006, 7:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Moody Cow
You can get real "Coffeemate" in most supermarkets - v expensive though! Plus those little portion packs of the flavoured liquid creams, yummy! You will find that both Woolies and Coles have their own brand of coffee whiteners too which are equally as good.

MC
Don't mind if it's pricey, they eat and drink anything else so it's not much of a sacrifice