Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Can you get anti-allergy bedlinen in Oz?

Can you get anti-allergy bedlinen in Oz?

Old Jul 4th 2004, 8:35 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all
Default Can you get anti-allergy bedlinen in Oz?

Calling all Aussie-based expats with allergies!

I have chronic night-time asthma & have alleviated it to date with special anti-allergy pillow & mattress covers.

Didn't notice these on sale in Melbourne, so have been planning to raid John Lewis' sale before we go & stock up.

However, I bet they *do* sell them, somewhere over there - can anyone tell me where - and how much?

TIA!

Anya.
Old Jul 4th 2004, 8:36 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can you get anti-allergy bedlinen in Oz?

Originally posted by anya4oz
Calling all Aussie-based expats with allergies!

I have chronic night-time asthma & have alleviated it to date with special anti-allergy pillow & mattress covers.

Didn't notice these on sale in Melbourne, so have been planning to raid John Lewis' sale before we go & stock up.

However, I bet they *do* sell them, somewhere over there - can anyone tell me where - and how much?

TIA!

Anya.
http://www.emedical.com.au/default.a...&categoryID=31
Old Jul 4th 2004, 9:09 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally posted by Timber Floor Au
http://www.emedical.com.au/default.a...&categoryID=31
Hi Timber,

Many thanks - I just searched their site and got these prices, in case anyone else is interested:

Allersearch Dac Anti Allergy Pillowcases - $26.5 each (~8-9 quid in UK)

Allersearch Dac Anti Allergy mattress cover, queen (ie UK king) $179.95 (?? in UK)

Allersearch Dac Anti Allergy mattress cover, UK double $159.95 (~50-60 quid in UK).

So the UK RRP is slightly cheaper, & it's deffo worth checking them out in this week's sales!

Thanks again.
Anya.
Old Jul 4th 2004, 9:12 am
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

Pretty sure you can buy hypoallergenic stuff at K-Mart. My mother sneezed and gagged over half the stuff out there and I'm certain she got her linen from plain old K-Mart.
Old Jul 4th 2004, 12:33 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Ulujain
Pretty sure you can buy hypoallergenic stuff at K-Mart. My mother sneezed and gagged over half the stuff out there and I'm certain she got her linen from plain old K-Mart.

Uhh Ulujain - way too much info thanks
Old Jul 5th 2004, 12:15 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Yep Kmart sell the whole range. Pillow covers, mattress covers etc. Wait until they have a Manchester sale and you can get another 25% off the prices!
Old Jul 5th 2004, 4:55 am
o_0

Originally posted by tinaj
Yep Kmart sell the whole range. Pillow covers, mattress covers etc. Wait until they have a Manchester sale and you can get another 25% off the prices!
Tina, what is your avatar? My wife thinks it looks like someone pissing in a bucket.
Old Jul 5th 2004, 6:11 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

Tina, what is your avatar? My wife thinks it looks like someone pissing in a bucket.
LOL! I think it's actually a pictorial version of the message at the bottom of her posts... :scared:

Anya.
Old Jul 5th 2004, 10:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

It is supposed to be me dancing around my handbag! Yes I know I am a strange colour, probably sunburn

Remember dancin' around your handbag is a British tradition, I m aiming to introduce it to te Aussies.
Old Jul 6th 2004, 3:54 am
o_0

Originally posted by tinaj

It is supposed to be me dancing around my handbag! Yes I know I am a strange colour, probably sunburn

Remember dancin' around your handbag is a British tradition, I m aiming to introduce it to te Aussies.
Me and my wife are coming up to Caloundra to watch you do that when we get back; camera and all.
Old Jul 6th 2004, 1:10 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

For price comparisons, I have just bought the following anti-allergy bedlinen, full quality (ie not 'seconds') in John Lewis (UK department store) summer sale:

Pillow covers - 3.50 pounds each
Double sized mattress cover - 17 pounds
Oz Queen sized mattress cover - 20 pounds

Anya.
Old Jul 6th 2004, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

asfry is an unknown quantity at this point

A bit off the beaten track here, but referring back to your asthma. Have you considered seeing a homeopath about it. My wife had a similar problem and had to take her inhaler every night, after seeing her Homeopath, she rarely needs to use it at all. Once a week at the most. it doesn't work for everyone but just an idea.
Old Jul 6th 2004, 5:06 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

Originally posted by asfry
A bit off the beaten track here, but referring back to your asthma. Have you considered seeing a homeopath about it. My wife had a similar problem and had to take her inhaler every night, after seeing her Homeopath, she rarely needs to use it at all. Once a week at the most. it doesn't work for everyone but just an idea.
Thanks, Asfry. I've had it for 12 years and tried most things - because it seems to be caused by environmental factors, the best solution is to get away from the irritants.

I'm usually free of it once I'm out of the dustbowl of East Anglia (known as a bad asthma area in any case) so I'm hoping I've just wasted a large sum of money on allergy-free bedlinen :scared:

Better to be prepared though....

Anya.