Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Can you convert South African Drivers Licence for a WA licence?

Can you convert South African Drivers Licence for a WA licence?

Old Sep 7th 2006, 6:40 am
Just Joined

RollOnSunshine has much to be proud ofRollOnSunshine has much to be proud ofRollOnSunshine has much to be proud ofRollOnSunshine has much to be proud ofRollOnSunshine has much to be proud ofRollOnSunshine has much to be proud ofRollOnSunshine has much to be proud ofRollOnSunshine has much to be proud ofRollOnSunshine has much to be proud ofRollOnSunshine has much to be proud ofRollOnSunshine has much to be proud of
Default Can you convert South African Drivers Licence for a WA licence?

Hi

4 weeks before we head out and have only just thought to check this. Can I convert my South African drivers licence for an Austrlian one in WA without sitting any kind of test ?

I've been on the http://www.dpi.wa.gov.au website but it does not say.

Does anyone have recent experience of such a conversion ?

Thanks
Old Sep 7th 2006, 6:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can you convert South African Drivers Licence for a WA licence?

Originally Posted by RollOnSunshine
Hi

4 weeks before we head out and have only just thought to check this. Can I convert my South African drivers licence for an Austrlian one in WA without sitting any kind of test ?

Thanks

Doesn't look like it, sorry

http://www.dpi.wa.gov.au/licensing/mylicence/13858.asp
Old Sep 7th 2006, 7:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

bruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to all
Question Re: Can you convert South African Drivers Licence for a WA licence?

Originally Posted by RollOnSunshine
Hi

Thanks
If you are in the UK why not swap your South African for a UK one then trade the UK on for and Aussie one!

Bruce.
Old Sep 17th 2006, 7:01 pm
Just Joined

RollOnSunshine has much to be proud ofRollOnSunshine has much to be proud ofRollOnSunshine has much to be proud ofRollOnSunshine has much to be proud ofRollOnSunshine has much to be proud ofRollOnSunshine has much to be proud ofRollOnSunshine has much to be proud ofRollOnSunshine has much to be proud ofRollOnSunshine has much to be proud ofRollOnSunshine has much to be proud ofRollOnSunshine has much to be proud of
Default Re: Can you convert South African Drivers Licence for a WA licence?

Yup, been thinking about doing that for the last 1.5 yrs just stupidly never got round to it.

They take 15 working days to process the conversion and we're flying 4th Oct. Need to validate by 8th Oct so there is no way I'm sending off my passport with my licence in the hope of having it back by the 4th.

Just what I deserve for putting it off so long.
Amazed that a good old SA licence not valid in WA.

I Skyped the licencing authority in WA , very helpful, my SA licence is valid for 3 months before I need to sit the test.

A theory and a practical test.