Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

can where you come from in the uk make a difference

can where you come from in the uk make a difference

Old Dec 11th 2006, 9:51 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: can where you come from in the uk make a difference

Originally Posted by aston man
Mandy i honestly dont give 2 sihts about money,i dont want to be a millionaire,i have walked away from two opportunities here to be a wealthy man.i just want to be comfortable and if that means one week we can not go out than ,i can just come on here and have a chat with you.

i have said it before ,if Australia was the land of milk and honey ,how come it only takes a year to get in..??

if you want to be a millionaire and live a life of fantasy,with no hard times ,if you start saving your pennies they will be doing day trips to mars in 20 years...

ast
Who is Mandy? You great twallup!
Old Dec 11th 2006, 10:03 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Of course your going to be OK with 2 wages and no mortage, just as OK with 2 wages and no mortage in the UK.

And yes the better suburbs of perth will look a lot better than most of brum.

I actually think perth will appeal to you in a big way, main thing I would say about h perth is from an aussie point of view too, consider living there long term, jobs and ops for kids, will perths distance from other places get to you after a while, it does for many, and climate, for any bricklayer obvious point there.

I think it will suit you fine.

But that brings me to someting you said," all the kids in the UK have guns now", come on isnt that a bit daily mail. Do your kids have guns?, do most expats kids have guns? , I just think these sort of statements about the UK are overdone a bit to justify emigrating.
its true mate,ok not every child but they are children that are killing each other..
i am watching the news now,it looks like we have another peter sutcliffe in ipswich hes killed 5 pros in just over a week.
David Cameron is telling every one that society is knackered
and the Russians are newkin each other..
whats making the news there today

now i have always respected your views ,you are there doing it .so i will have to get over there and see for myself.
now if it is (back to topic)no better than Birmingham ,i promise i will come on here and i will try and do the same as you..

tell people to stop kidding themselves!!but until i have been there as you i can not do that.

as i said earlier though that works both ways ,you have been out of the frame here
Old Dec 11th 2006, 10:05 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busterboy
Who is Mandy? You great twallup!
my first love was called Mandy,i'm sorry Ive never forgot her
Old Dec 11th 2006, 10:05 pm
The Master of Disaster

iceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really nice

Originally Posted by northernbird
you will certainly be comfortable. hope it is all that you want it to be.

Like aston, we have no debt. Very small mortgage, no bank loans or credit card debts. We don't p**s it all up the wall and have a modest lifestyle, centred around family life with the kids.
I have a decent salary here, as a supervisor for a large M&E company. The job I have there is similar wage. We can buy a decent house for $600,000, which keeps us almost debt free, but have a better lifestyle. Like all built up countries there are problems in Australia as well as here. We went out like aston expecting nothing, and because our expectation was not of some oasis in a tropical paradise we came back with something positive. It comes down to the fact that it would suit our lifestyle more closely than the UK does.

My 2 oldest kids carry guns all the time (a Magnum for the oldest and the youngest has a Smith and Wesson semi automatic) LOLLL !!!!! Seriously, we have an OK lifestyle but over the last 18 months it is getting harder to maintain it, so I think it would be better to be skint at the side of a pool with the sun shining. We can keep our UK pension contributions for a small annual sum, but we both have private pensions anyway so it isn't an issue, having spoken to an IFA etc.

I know Australia has good things and bad things. We had a month out there and visited as much as we could, I was out at appointments for work for alot of the time and left the wife and kids in, so we wouldn't get our opinions through the eyes of a holidaymaker, as would have been the case.

Money doesn't bother me. I had a business here but didn't want the commitment of being at work all the time. My wife nearly died 2 years ago, so money becomes of no importance. I have a lovely wife and four wonderful children and that makes me feel richer than any amount of money ever could.

A Very Happy Christmas and a Peaceful and Prosperous New Year to all of you.
James
Old Dec 11th 2006, 10:09 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by iceman
Like aston, we have no debt. Very small mortgage, no bank loans or credit card debts. We don't p**s it all up the wall and have a modest lifestyle, centred around family life with the kids.
I have a decent salary here, as a supervisor for a large M&E company. The job I have there is similar wage. We can buy a decent house for $600,000, which keeps us almost debt free, but have a better lifestyle. Like all built up countries there are problems in Australia as well as here. We went out like aston expecting nothing, and because our expectation was not of some oasis in a tropical paradise we came back with something positive. It comes down to the fact that it would suit our lifestyle more closely than the UK does.

My 2 oldest kids carry guns all the time (a Magnum for the oldest and the youngest has a Smith and Wesson semi automatic) LOLLL !!!!! Seriously, we have an OK lifestyle but over the last 18 months it is getting harder to maintain it, so I think it would be better to be skint at the side of a pool with the sun shining. We can keep our UK pension contributions for a small annual sum, but we both have private pensions anyway so it isn't an issue, having spoken to an IFA etc.

I know Australia has good things and bad things. We had a month out there and visited as much as we could, I was out at appointments for work for alot of the time and left the wife and kids in, so we wouldn't get our opinions through the eyes of a holidaymaker, as would have been the case.

Money doesn't bother me. I had a business here but didn't want the commitment of being at work all the time. My wife nearly died 2 years ago, so money becomes of no importance. I have a lovely wife and four wonderful children and that makes me feel richer than any amount of money ever could.

A Very Happy Christmas and a Peaceful and Prosperous New Year to all of you.
James
ice,same as mate,well said .
Old Dec 11th 2006, 10:10 pm
Banned

my sympathies on the loss of your wife James.

I hope you too have a happy christmas and new year.
taht was nearly as bad as me calling you mandy
Old Dec 11th 2006, 10:11 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

taht was nearly as bad as me calling you mandy
why what was wrong with my post?
Old Dec 11th 2006, 10:12 pm
Banned

why what was wrong with my post?
My wife nearly died 2 years ago, so money becomes of no importance. I have a lovely wife and four wonderful children and that makes me feel richer than any amount of money ever could
Old Dec 11th 2006, 10:13 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

My wife nearly died 2 years ago, so money becomes of no importance. I have a lovely wife and four wonderful children and that makes me feel richer than any amount of money ever could
I was sympathising about the loss of his wife, can I not do that because he now has another wife. certainly no offence was intended.
Old Dec 11th 2006, 10:15 pm
Banned

I was sympathising about the loss of his wife, can I not do that because he now has another wife. certainly no offence was intended.

hang on ,is it me ?james said his wife nearly died
Old Dec 11th 2006, 10:16 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Dear God...it's like the Comedy of Errors in here tonight...none of you are reading each others posts!

Point 1# Iceman's wife did not die, he does not have a new wife!
Point 2# Northernbird is not called Mandy

..is it clear now!
Old Dec 11th 2006, 10:17 pm
Banned

come on im sitting here sweating help me out here nbird..
Old Dec 11th 2006, 10:19 pm
Gutter Gob!!

come on im sitting here sweating help me out here nbird..
shit shit frigging shit. didn't see the word nearly!!

Sorry iceman mate, will delete my post.

Cx
Old Dec 11th 2006, 10:19 pm
Banned

shit shit frigging shit. didn't see the word nearly!!

Sorry iceman mate, will delete my post.

Cx
dont worry about upsetting me,mandy
Old Dec 11th 2006, 10:20 pm
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by busterboy
Dear God...it's like the Comedy of Errors in here tonight...none of you are reading each others posts!

Point 1# Iceman's wife did not die, he does not have a new wife!
Point 2# Northernbird is not called Mandy

..is it clear now!
Oh my god I can't believe I did that and its 8am and I am sober!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.