Can we take the Rabbit

Can we take the Rabbit

Old Mar 4th 2005, 4:28 pm
Forum Regular

stressed out will become famous soon enough
Default Can we take the Rabbit

Bet you wonder what this is about?
My wife cant live without her rabbit,i ts become very dear to the both of us
The thought of leaving it in the uk is tearing us apart,any idea how we can get it shipped safely because she likes to cuddle up to it at night, and im sure it to,would miss all the attention it gets. Not sure i could leave it with the mother in law ( if you know what i mean ) and if she;s not getting attention of the rabbit , she might want more of me
PLEASE HELP john
Old Mar 4th 2005, 4:38 pm
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Can we take the Rabbit

Originally Posted by stressed out
The thought of leaving it in the uk is tearing us apart,any idea how we can get it shipped safely because she likes to cuddle up to it at night, and im sure it to,would miss all the attention it gets. Not sure i could leave it with the mother in law ( if you know what i mean ) and if she;s not getting attention of the rabbit , she might want more of me
PLEASE HELP john
Put the rabbit in the stew; it's one animal you can't import into Australia. Time to fall in love with a dog or a cat I think.
Old Mar 4th 2005, 4:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

PLEASE HELP john
Ahem, I think many of us know EXACTLY what this is about.
Have you done a search on rabbits? It has been discussed before.

Rabbits like to hibernate during the shipping process so perhaps your wife has a pair of long boots that would offer a safe and comfortable voyage for your dear friend.

Failing that, although rabbits aren't indigneous to Australia, they are widely available (I beleive they were introduced from Taiwan). Many people consider them a pest but I can't see what the fuss is about
Old Mar 4th 2005, 4:46 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

PLEASE HELP john
LOL after having atended the 'Swifts' adult party I have to query what kind of rabbit we are talking abou here ?

If its the kind shown at the www.adultshop.com.au party then lucky MIL

Nice to know you also appreciate the rabbit

My advice is - You'll just have to be more focused to take you wife's mind off 'cuddling' the rabbit
Old Mar 4th 2005, 4:55 pm
Forum Regular

leedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant future

You could create a bomb scare when your container starts to buzzzzz :scared: .......i'd kill it first lol
Old Mar 4th 2005, 4:58 pm
o_0

Originally Posted by HiddenPaw
Failing that, although rabbits aren't indigneous to Australia, they are widely available (I beleive they were introduced from Taiwan). Many people consider them a pest but I can't see what the fuss is about
They were introduced from Britain on the First Fleet. I can't see what the fuss is either; nothing some baits, traps and the odd round from a .22 won't help out with.
Old Mar 4th 2005, 5:00 pm
Forum Regular

leedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Peter
They were introduced from Britain on the First Fleet. I can't see what the fuss is either; nothing some baits, traps and the odd round from a .22 won't help out with.
think you're missing the point some what! lol

i do agree that they need to be culled tho before us men become redundant as hunters
Old Mar 4th 2005, 5:01 pm
o_0

Originally Posted by leedslad
think you're missing the point some what! lol

i do agree that they need to be culled tho before us men become redundant as hunters
I'm not missing the point, I'm having some fun.
Old Mar 4th 2005, 5:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Peter
Wow, didn't even know batteries had been invented back then
Old Mar 4th 2005, 5:11 pm
wombat42

There would be a hell of alot of Aussie farmers and environmentalists who wished someone said no to the Pom that asked that question 200 years ago.

Old Mar 4th 2005, 5:48 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by wombat42
There would be a hell of alot of Aussie farmers and environmentalists who wished someone said no to the Pom that asked that question 200 years ago.

I put my rabbit to pasture when I left the Uk and have got a new one,(was a little afraid of it being caught in my baggage) if they sell rabbits in the small town I live in I'm sure you will have no problem getting a new one on arrival.

If you find it difficult getting a new one here then I suggest this site

http://www.annsummers.com/single.asp...cat=2&pid=2409

only 40 quid!!!

Have fun
Kala
Old Mar 4th 2005, 6:07 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JayDeee
I put my rabbit to pasture when I left the Uk and have got a new one,(was a little afraid of it being caught in my baggage) if they sell rabbits in the small town I live in I'm sure you will have no problem getting a new one on arrival.

If you find it difficult getting a new one here then I suggest this site

http://www.annsummers.com/single.asp...cat=2&pid=2409

only 40 quid!!!

Have fun
Kala

Everything I have read says you can't take rabbits (real - non battery) out there so what's the point of being able to buy them there.

My girls are really upset about leaving "Snowy" and "Lily" behind - I have told them they can't take them. Going to be well popular when we get there and they see rabbits for sale
Old Mar 4th 2005, 6:11 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Everything I have read says you can't take rabbits (real - non battery) out there so what's the point of being able to buy them there.

My girls are really upset about leaving "Snowy" and "Lily" behind - I have told them they can't take them. Going to be well popular when we get there and they see rabbits for sale

I'm really sorry about Snowy and Lily but Mr Love Machine (definately battery powered) is doing just fine out here
Old Mar 4th 2005, 6:13 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Just out of interest, how long do rabbits live - no answers of until the batteries die please.
Old Mar 4th 2005, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

stressed out will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ub40fan
Just out of interest, how long do rabbits live - no answers of until the batteries die please.

Thanks for all the replies
decided to take the poor little worn out thing with us in a box.
But have a number of questions

Do you think it will be safe and ok?
will customs inspect, spray,and wash it on entering
will they treat it gently
will they have to quarantine it ( not much life expectency left )

If all else fails, will have to leave it with mother in law.would love to see if she would treet it as kindly as my wife. im sure if she loved our little pet as much as us ,it would maybe put a smile on her face once in a while
must go, the wife is home
bye for now john

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.