Can we ship ...

Old Nov 11th 2006, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

MightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to behold
Default Can we ship ...

...condiments, dry pasta, herbs, spices, oils etc. Things you would find in a larder...if you know what I mean??

My folks are visiting today so I'd like to know what to give them - probably easiest just to give them everything and start over huh??
Old Nov 11th 2006, 11:40 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can we ship ...

Originally Posted by MightyMouse
...condiments, dry pasta, herbs, spices, oils etc. Things you would find in a larder...if you know what I mean??

My folks are visiting today so I'd like to know what to give them - probably easiest just to give them everything and start over huh??
Easiest to give it all to them - but make alist first! That wayn you'll know what you need to replace, before you find yourself thinking "I wish I'd bought some of THAT this week"
Old Nov 11th 2006, 10:10 pm
Forum Regular

MightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Easiest to give it all to them - but make alist first! That wayn you'll know what you need to replace, before you find yourself thinking "I wish I'd bought some of THAT this week"
Thanks Pollyana - I've just handed everything over to my folks..cupboards are now bare

Next question

Can we ship cleaning products..washing powders..dishwasher tablets..medicines etc etc?
Oh - and can we ship a box of chocolate? And I mean...a BIG box filled with chocolate I know we're allowed to carry it over in luggage but wondered if I could fill some units with foot long bars of Dairy Milk ;-) Or would it melt? Hmmmm...probably - Perth is hitting 40 next week according to the BBC website

And another addition - pot pourri?? Allowed??

Last edited by MightyMouse; Nov 11th 2006 at 11:12 pm.
Old Nov 11th 2006, 11:26 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MightyMouse
Thanks Pollyana - I've just handed everything over to my folks..cupboards are now bare

Next question

Can we ship cleaning products..washing powders..dishwasher tablets..medicines etc etc?
Oh - and can we ship a box of chocolate? And I mean...a BIG box filled with chocolate I know we're allowed to carry it over in luggage but wondered if I could fill some units with foot long bars of Dairy Milk ;-) Or would it melt? Hmmmm...probably - Perth is hitting 40 next week according to the BBC website

And another addition - pot pourri?? Allowed??
Don't think theres a problem with cleaning gear - wouldn't worry if the bottles are open though.
Chocolate is fine - just remember to stick it in the fridge when you get here.
And medicines - stuff like flu plus and Piriton and Beechams - yep, fine, leave the in the boxes so if they inspect they can see what it is. If its all over the counter stuff you should be OK, declare it on the customs form but I've never had problems either shipping or bringing in with me. You can get Lemsip here if thats your particular favourite