Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

can we come or not??

can we come or not??

Old Mar 16th 2013, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

Chris N Lora will become famous soon enoughChris N Lora will become famous soon enough
Default Re: can we come or not??

to work for the AFP, you cannot be a perm resident, also NSW, they will not allow her to direct transfer I have to do a course via uni, they did a RPL on me so the course is different to joe bloggs off the street, get the missus to tx into the met and stay in uk will be better off imo
Old Mar 16th 2013, 10:11 am
Just Joined

powellfamily will become famous soon enough

Have you worked in the Met?
Old Mar 16th 2013, 11:13 am
Forum Regular

Chris N Lora will become famous soon enoughChris N Lora will become famous soon enough

I worked there prior to leaving for Aussie, prior to that I was in the HMPS.

I got all my papers from HR oof both and they still said I have to do the Charles Sturt uni course.

looked into the AFP, however have to be a citizen of Australia, so have to wait for that.

I am at medical stage for NSW Police but due to an Op in UK couple of years back being refered to the Police FME over here to make a final decision !
Old Mar 16th 2013, 11:15 am
Just Joined

powellfamily will become famous soon enough

The Police in UK is not something that my partner wants to be involved with anymore I left 3yrs ago and worked in the met awful! Australia is the life for us
Old Mar 16th 2013, 11:27 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by powellfamily
The Police in UK is not something that my partner wants to be involved with anymore I left 3yrs ago and worked in the met awful! Australia is the life for us
I worked over in SW London and agree it is getting worse but loved the job

At the moment I am driving trucks over here because I am trying to get into the Force over here ... I think she should go for it completely if that is what you want!. Why do you not contact WA, and try to get in as a rejoiner?? or rejoin one of the forces back in UK they will note your service and if it is under 7 yrs over 3 Wa might consider you also.

also NZ is looking for Truck drivers as long as you have a Class 5 our class 1 LGV1 then you can look at getting over here after a while