Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Can we bring camping equipment?

Can we bring camping equipment?

Old May 16th 2007, 11:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Rosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to behold
Default Can we bring camping equipment?

Sorry if this has been asked before, I have done a search and can't find anything. OH is planning on bringing lots of camping stuff with us to Sydney (I'd be quite happy if we lost it as it's not exactly my favourite type of accommodation ), but in the interest of fairness I thought I'd ask the experts: will it fall foul of customs even if it's cleaned very well, or is it cheap to buy in Oz and it's just not worth it?
Old May 16th 2007, 11:39 am
Last remaining Dec PR app

biibi13 is just really nicebiibi13 is just really nicebiibi13 is just really nicebiibi13 is just really nicebiibi13 is just really nicebiibi13 is just really nicebiibi13 is just really nicebiibi13 is just really nicebiibi13 is just really nicebiibi13 is just really nicebiibi13 is just really nice
Default Re: Can we bring camping equipment?

Originally Posted by Rosscarbery
Sorry if this has been asked before, I have done a search and can't find anything. OH is planning on bringing lots of camping stuff with us to Sydney (I'd be quite happy if we lost it as it's not exactly my favourite type of accommodation ), but in the interest of fairness I thought I'd ask the experts: will it fall foul of customs even if it's cleaned very well, or is it cheap to buy in Oz and it's just not worth it?
That strongly depends on the quality of your equipment.
We brought camping stuff to Australia 4 times. Never had any probs in Sydney although arriving from South Africa once, and a small discussion in Cairns. Make sure that everything is cleaned properly, esp. pegs and ground sheet and you should be fine. Sorry

Camping_Lover
Old May 16th 2007, 7:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

jules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud of

we were advised by the shipping co to just clean everything but leave the pegs and buy new ones there.

Jules
Old May 17th 2007, 9:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Rosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to behold

Thanks - I guess it's coming then!
Old Jul 28th 2007, 6:27 am
Just Joined

Rich_Lyn is an unknown quantity at this point

You do not need to bring camping gear. It is cheap as when you get here!
Old Jul 28th 2007, 8:02 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rich_Lyn
You do not need to bring camping gear. It is cheap as when you get here!
Have a search for the websites of Rays outdoors, Anaconda etc to gauge prices.

Buzzy
Old Jul 28th 2007, 9:30 am
Just enjoying being here

rebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud of

We bought all our camping gear pegs and all and it cleared quarantine and customs ok. Camping gear is cheap and available here but if you are having a container I'd bring it anyway if its in good condition. Haven't used ours yet - waiting for the night time temps to rise into double figures.