British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   can u use an uk playstation in australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/can-u-use-uk-playstation-australia-305666/)

tazziecat May 28th 2005 5:57 pm

can u use an uk playstation in australia

HI, this is the first time I've asked anthing being a new member, but I have enjoyed the website for ages. We are going out to sydney in Sept. for a year initially, and my 8 year old could not do without his playstaion, will it work out there, if someone could advise that would be great.
Thanks, Tazzie, cat

noregrets May 28th 2005 6:51 pm

Re: can u use an uk playstation in australia

Not that I am In Oz yet or that I have ever even been, but we have an xbox I say we but really I mean my 35 yr hubby !!!!!

Anyway we are going to take it and other than changing the plug I have been told it will work - obviously the disks are regional compatible so games bought in Oz wont work. we intend to buy new games over the internet so there should not be a problem.

george

Perthforme May 28th 2005 7:13 pm

PS2 will work in oz but you need to turn it upsidedown ;)

noregrets May 28th 2005 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by Perthforme
PS2 will work in oz but you need to turn it upsidedown ;)

old ones are always the best eh?

Perthforme May 28th 2005 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by noregrets
old ones are always the best eh?

Some times i still like to use my VIC 20 will that work in oz :confused:

Boomie May 28th 2005 8:44 pm

Not that I am In Oz yet or that I have ever even been, but we have an xbox I say we but really I mean my 35 yr hubby !!!!!

Anyway we are going to take it and other than changing the plug I have been told it will work - obviously the disks are regional compatible so games bought in Oz wont work. we intend to buy new games over the internet so there should not be a problem.

george

we are using oz games on a uk playstation...... no probs what so eva....

also....oz games on uk gamecube r fine

boomie

markeh May 28th 2005 9:27 pm

george

If I was you I would suggest he gets it chipped and put a bigger hard disk in.

The best thing I ever did! :) :D :cool:

No swapping DVD's for different games.
Just pick the game you wonna play and off it goes.

Bye
Mark

spalen May 29th 2005 12:02 am

Ozzie XBox games to work on UK Xboxs. Ozzie PS2 games work on UK PS2s.
Ozzie Gamecube games work on UK Gamecubes.

You can buy the plug cables from big-w /. target / etc (everywhere) for 4$ (Figure of 8 cables).

Tiawamutu May 29th 2005 12:06 am

Hi

Both X-box, Playstation and Gamecube consoles will work in Oz.

Also both U.K games and Oz games will work, as they are all PAL so they are all compatible :D

Tiawamutu May 29th 2005 12:08 am

Bloody hell!! Have you been to the antiques roadshow to find out how much it is worth? ;)

spalen May 29th 2005 12:10 am

Yes it will still hold the doors open, although some of the doors in Australia are heavier and spring loaded they might require a Vic 20 & some extra ballast to hold them open but generally you should still be right.

Tiawamutu May 29th 2005 12:15 am

:confused:

Originally Posted by spalen
Yes it will still hold the doors open, although some of the doors in Australia are heavier and spring loaded they might require a Vic 20 & some extra ballast to hold them open but generally you should still be right.

:confused:

JackTheLad May 29th 2005 6:24 am

Originally Posted by tazziecat
HI, this is the first time I've asked anthing being a new member, but I have enjoyed the website for ages. We are going out to sydney in Sept. for a year initially, and my 8 year old could not do without his playstaion, will it work out there, if someone could advise that would be great.
Thanks, Tazzie, cat

Ever consider getting your son/yourself a PSP which is due out on 1 Sept in the UK? It's so small you can bring it for the flight, and you may be able to claim VAT back when you leave the UK/EU if the shop you buy the PSP from participates in the VAT refund scheme.

Just a thought.

JTL

lovekylie May 30th 2005 5:37 am

Originally Posted by tazziecat
Thanks, Tazzie, cat

Best advice I can give is get hold of those 4 plug english things then the adapter for fitting english to aussie plugs,I brought loads over saves getting the plugs changed works perfectely,all aussie games will work same region on games consoles,not dvd though.

DianeOZ May 30th 2005 6:33 am

We got our PS2 chipped over here and it's great for all the Bali copies :) but it doesn't play UK DVD's now. Not that it's a problem, yes well it is actually, I can't play "Grease" anymore cos I haven't figured out how to multi zone our Aussie DVD player. :confused:

Diane