Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Can u cram a car?

Wikiposts

Can u cram a car?

Old Feb 17th 2006, 8:17 am
BE Enthusiast

touchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Can u cram a car?

hi,

for those shipping their vehicles....can u cram the car full of your posessions?

thanks

tc
Old Feb 17th 2006, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

MarkandJulie will become famous soon enoughMarkandJulie will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Can u cram a car?

Originally Posted by touchingcloth
hi,

for those shipping their vehicles....can u cram the car full of your posessions?

thanks

tc
I was told that if you are just shipping a car then you are not allowed to put any personal items in the car
Old Feb 17th 2006, 8:34 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

hi,

thanks

tc
I would be very careful since the vehicle itself is unloaded seperately from your other items and cleared in a different way since it has to be inspected, cleaned, valued etc etc.

Probably getting some serious advice from a shipping agent would be your best best - but I am guessing the answer is no.
Old Feb 17th 2006, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

Stuck is on a distinguished road

hi,

thanks

tc
No can do.
Old Feb 17th 2006, 7:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

touchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stuck
No can do.
Accorfing to documentation which i received from Karma Shipping:

Items packed inside a car travel free of charge. A list of goods is required by customs and quarantine and these would be cleared separately from the vehicle.

So I'm not sure where u got your info from mate.

TC
Old Feb 17th 2006, 8:12 pm
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of

hi,

thanks

tc
You used to be able to do that, but I'm afraid not any more!
Old Feb 17th 2006, 8:14 pm
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of

Items packed inside a car travel free of charge. A list of goods is required by customs and quarantine and these would be cleared separately from the vehicle.

TC

?? wow...a mate travelling from Oz to Uk put all his stuff his his car...but he was told he couldn't do it UK to Oz??
Old Feb 19th 2006, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

TC
From shipping a car from Oz to UK. It may be possible the other way around, but I have to say I am surprised. Will the items be covered by insurance too? And I'm a mate-ess by the way.
Old Feb 19th 2006, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Welshie
?? wow...a mate travelling from Oz to Uk put all his stuff his his car...but he was told he couldn't do it UK to Oz??
That is funny, because we brought our car from Oz to UK last year and were definitely NOT allowed to pack it. Maybe it depends on your removals company, ours was Pickfords - so if they don't know, who does????
Old Feb 19th 2006, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Welshie
You used to be able to do that, but I'm afraid not any more!
Well, that sums it up. You USED to be able to.