Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Can this stress ever end????

Can this stress ever end????

Old Feb 15th 2006, 5:07 pm
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold
Default Can this stress ever end????

We are now heading towards the final hurdle of exchanging contracts on our house, which should be any day now, and my solicitor called to say that the buyers have gone abroad on holiday and not told anyone when they are due back....

Can you believe it!

I need to hand in my notice this week at work, sort the shippers out as we have flights booked for the end of March.....GRRRRRRRrrrrrrr....

Sorry to moan but just as we thought we were only ours away from finalising everything then this bomb shell is dropped on us.........More waiting I suppose

Rob
Old Feb 15th 2006, 5:09 pm

amanda76 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Can this stress ever end????

Originally Posted by Rob Morton-Jone
We are now heading towards the final hurdle of exchanging contracts on our house, which should be any day now, and my solicitor called to say that the buyers have gone abroad on holiday and not told anyone when they are due back....

Can you believe it!

I need to hand in my notice this week at work, sort the shippers out as we have flights booked for the end of March.....GRRRRRRRrrrrrrr....

Sorry to moan but just as we thought we were only ours away from finalising everything then this bomb shell is dropped on us.........More waiting I suppose

Rob

thats abit bad isnt it!!!

when we have had a holiday booked when we were about to complete we let everyone know from the very beginning!!

i dont blame you being cross!

mand
Old Feb 15th 2006, 5:14 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Can you believe it!

Rob
Not to put a dampner on it but this happened to us a few years ago.......they pulled out in the end blamed it on 9/11

Gillian
Old Feb 15th 2006, 5:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

don544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond repute

hang in there rob.
dom
Old Feb 15th 2006, 5:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

that stinks rob, how rude can some people be!!!!!! its not on is it!!!?

i just hope that all these people who let others down by their selfish actions when house buying, get their come uppence!!

good luck and hope it all ends up going smoothly in the end
Old Feb 15th 2006, 6:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

gina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Can this stress ever end????

the cheecky buggers!

hope it all goes well for you all, send hugs

gee x
Old Feb 15th 2006, 7:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was Kent, UK...now Pacific Pines Gold Coast and loving it
sonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud of

Can you believe it!

Rob
Hiya Rob,

OMG.....some people should just be shot....no bloody idea about anyone else do they...

If it's any help we are in the same boat almost....

Our goods were packed 2 weeks ago and are with Pickfords ready to go, we sold the rest of our belongings in a giant house sale 2 weeks ago (highly recommended!!) and with all systems go for exchange on the 27th Jan and completion 5 days later our solicitors suddenly realised they hadn't sent a document they needed to, which has meant we still haven't exchanged, and are sitting on 2 garden chairs watching a 10" portable (used to have a 42" plasma), with a 18 month old going mad as most of his toys are on there way to Oz....so very bored and driving us mad...ggrrrr and to put the icing on the cake we are flying on Tuesday 21st....at this rate with very little money on our back pockets!!!!

So, you have every sympathy, and if anyone else says "don't worry", I swear there will be a police officer waiting for me at Heathrow for murder!!

Anyway, keep calling and making the solicitors and estate agents earn their money.

See you in about a 6 weeks on the sunny Gold Coast.

Judith
x
Old Feb 15th 2006, 7:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sme
Not to put a dampner on it but this happened to us a few years ago.......they pulled out in the end blamed it on 9/11

Gillian

Just wanted to say Happy Birthday Hun.

hope you've had a nice day

Sorry to the OP for interupting
Old Feb 15th 2006, 8:11 pm
Account Closed

Paul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant future

Yeah agree with the rest, that is out of order! ...

Same boat here and due for exchange next week, as long as THEY don't run off on holiday!
Old Feb 15th 2006, 8:20 pm
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sme

Gillian

oh oh i also want to wish you a very happy birthday,

really sorry it's very late

been busy clebrating mine too all day

36 yrs young,

hip hip horay
it's our birthday today!

sorry too op, just make sure your solicitor gets them the moment they get home! (when you find out when that is of course)
Old Feb 15th 2006, 8:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute

Can you believe it!

Rob
Sending you some much needed Karma.
Feel for you it's so frustrating.Just hope it all works out okay.I would be so rich now if I had a £1 for everytime I heard something going wrong half way through a sale.
Good Luck hope it all works out.
Old Feb 15th 2006, 9:26 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Wendy and Sam (Happy Birthday to you also )
Had a lovely surprise trip to the London Eye and spent the day "up west" - great time had by all the SMEs
Gillian (apologies to Rob - hope you exchange soon)
Old Feb 15th 2006, 9:33 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul&Nic
Yeah agree with the rest, that is out of order! ...

Same boat here and due for exchange next week, as long as THEY don't run off on holiday!

How excited are you Paul?

God, im excited for you!!!!!!!

You had better send me a postcard when you get there.

Have you got a start date for your course yet?
Old Feb 15th 2006, 9:37 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
How excited are you Paul?

God, im excited for you!!!!!!!

You had better send me a postcard when you get there.

Have you got a start date for your course yet?

I wanne be there and buy my own postcards
Old Feb 15th 2006, 9:40 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brisben
I wanne be there and buy my own postcards

You will hear soon Ben.

Our visa application arrived at George's a couple of hours ago.

Luckily all the detailed statements from the TRA will be fine for DIMIA although the current one will be just over 6 months old by the time the application is lodged, so we have included 6 months of payslips as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.