Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Can someone sell Perth (and Oz) to me!

Can someone sell Perth (and Oz) to me!

Old Nov 14th 2010, 9:47 am
Forum Regular

bruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to all
Default Re: Can someone sell Perth (and Oz) to me!

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Spain for the continent and Bournemouth for the incontinent, that is what I have heard when I lived in the UK, that old people lived in Bournemouth, it was where you went to die or enjoy your senility.

But seriously, that is generalising isnt it?

Is there any suburb in the whole of Perth that you like? Do you have a criteria for friendships as well as in they have to tick the right boxes in order to fit in with you?

I would suggest you remove your crown Princess and take a step down from your high horse, because that is one hell of a self imposed height to fall from.
I do infact like freo subiaco leederville , mt hawthorn and mt lawley ..........is that ok for you ?

I have a few friends here one infact owns mosmans... the withes couldren and two clothes shops in claremont and mt lawley . the other lives in butler from manchester another in padbury , and one in bayswater originally from bournemouth .......Bournemouth is stereotypical of an old peoples place , however quite the opposite , alot of people come down from london of a weekend not to join the knitting circle but to go clubbing !!! ...you got a bad attitude , to critisise me , professional princess perhaps the narsesism is what is spoken due to the fact you attack a specific member on here and your name fits perfectly ........
Old Nov 14th 2010, 9:57 am
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bruce n sheila
glad you like it here , if the life style suits you then great I find a car ride to freo is 40 minutes which is a trek for a pint of beer in a decent setting when in bournemouth I had it on my doorstep , I think once I am living in the area that suits me I might feel more settled but for now , Port Kennedy is bland .
I love Freo but am just happy to visit it, Port Kennedy is merely a suburb like many others, no more bland than many out there - plenty of people are happy here and find plenty to do, you obviously enjoy the pub /cafe culture which really isn`t very important to me - ok now and again but can happily take it or leave it. I really hope you manage to move soon - you seem very unhappy with your Oz experience so far and life is too short to be miserable - personally I`d be breaking the rental lease asap or finding someone to take over the lease if I was that unhappy.

Last edited by gobbyjock; Nov 14th 2010 at 10:08 am.
Old Nov 14th 2010, 10:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

happy for you you have been in Australia for longer than 8 weeks , I visited adelaide glenelg infact as my fathers friend has been there 42 years even he said job prospects are not as good as perth , so I am glad you have a fab job ...........lol , adelaide glenelg is more like england as of the old buildings it is compared to the other cities, adelaide on a scale of trade job prospects is not great , as I was talking from our prospective on why wee didnt move there ...is poor compared to other states cairns is too .....perth and brisbane rank high for trades jobs we took all these into consideration before picking perth .
I know the prospect for trades jobs here in SA, my hubby is a sparky and I work in the construction industry. I know how busy the Subbies that we use are, plenty of work around if you look for it and want it...(I have worked with some that don't )

I've never been to Perth so can't say what it's like. We didn't even check Perth out as I had family here so thought it was a good a place as any to live. I never regretted it either

Originally Posted by gobbyjock
I really hope you manage to move soon - you seem very unhappy with your Oz experience so far and life is too short to be miserable
I agree. You never know what tomorrow will bring, so live for today and be happy. Hope you manage to find your happy place either there or somewhere else
Old Nov 14th 2010, 10:25 am
BE Enthusiast

steen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud of

Bournemouth is a great place only dull because it has crap weather , it infact has areas like christchurch Wimbourne yes poole also OLD christchurch road I agree is great for stag doos as it has the same old crappy pubs LIKE WALKABOUT , YATES, LITTEN TREE, o'neills all brewery pubs full of numpties !!! wanting to kick off .....
I worked the doors for 8 years , trust me its great if you go to places like aruba on the beach great chilled out bar over looking the beach , 1812 sophisticated bar , bar so great club , also klute , all these places are the other side of bournemouth I take it you never went that side !! ...........the only two places worth going in OLD christchurch Road are DNA an rnb club , and after that to the camel bar , great food dancing downstairs and sheesha pipes great eastern feel ..................go there did you ? didnt think so ...........
poole is a dive for pubs has the hog pub , proper pikie pubs along the quay by the harbour , I worked them all including oyster quay where the pikeys like having brawls throwing chairs around,
I even worked in the triangle in the gay pubs too hillarious , I even sued one ....made world news infact ...........so perth dull or bournemouth mmm I would say rockingham is dull has nothing going for it , fremantle has a great vibe but tiny , I like bournemouth and freo ...................the rest is shit ...........
Used to live near Dean Park. Christchurch road was awful - unless you were on a stag do where it might tick the boxes. There isn't a single decent pub in Bournemouth town centre. I tried them all.
Old Nov 14th 2010, 11:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Never mind what suburbs are boring etc. I'm still trying to work out what a 'tounge' is?

Oh and you were amazing to have checked out the WHOLE of the Gold Coast on your holiday, to have come to the conclusion it's ALL tacky like Benidorm
Old Nov 14th 2010, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

bruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to all

Originally Posted by curly
Never mind what suburbs are boring etc. I'm still trying to work out what a 'tounge' is?

Oh and you were amazing to have checked out the WHOLE of the Gold Coast on your holiday, to have come to the conclusion it's ALL tacky like Benidorm
surfers is tacky , byron is ok not all of the gold coast is tacky just surfers ...
Old Nov 14th 2010, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by steen1976
Used to live near Dean Park. Christchurch road was awful - unless you were on a stag do where it might tick the boxes. There isn't a single decent pub in Bournemouth town centre. I tried them all.
I agreed with you ref christchurch road , did you go to aruba ? klute? bar so ?
CLUB 1812? camel you generalise that you tried them all .....did you do the clubs I just mentioned .
Old Nov 14th 2010, 11:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

surfers is tacky , byron is ok not all of the gold coast is tacky just surfers ...
I agree, but then that is one suburb. BTW Byron is in NSW.
Old Nov 14th 2010, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Wendy
I know the prospect for trades jobs here in SA, my hubby is a sparky and I work in the construction industry. I know how busy the Subbies that we use are, plenty of work around if you look for it and want it...(I have worked with some that don't )

I've never been to Perth so can't say what it's like. We didn't even check Perth out as I had family here so thought it was a good a place as any to live. I never regretted it either

I agree. You never know what tomorrow will bring, so live for today and be happy. Hope you manage to find your happy place either there or somewhere else
Thanks
Old Nov 14th 2010, 11:14 am
BE Enthusiast

al150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to behold

Bruce & Sheila have you seen the stickers that people around here have on their cars? A map of WA with 'If you don't like it then leave' printed across it

Alison x
Old Nov 14th 2010, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by curly
I agree, but then that is one suburb. BTW Byron is in NSW.
thats why I liked byron then , I visited a few places in brissie area , coomera was ok ,stayed hope harbour saw the kangas in the distance out of my hotel room . suburbs again labrador yuck .surfers was at least lively but yes tacky ....I did dream world while I was there , then i travelled up sunshine coast to couloundra , up to Noosa Eumundi , then up toTownsville and cairns ....I still have cairns as a favourite those rain forests are to die for
Old Nov 14th 2010, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by al150n
Bruce & Sheila have you seen the stickers that people around here have on their cars? A map of WA with 'If you don't like it then leave' printed across it

Alison x
Actually it says fit in or f... o... to put it bluntly , well yeh I would if I had money but I am going to get my citizen ship so hopefully I am welcome in Wa In the areas I like as to fit in where I live right now I would have to be like the clampets .and I am no council estate equivilent by any means ......nRockingham is feral bogan and full of biker people with mullets and beards trust me I am not the only one to think it .....I will have the gypsy jokers after me after writing this , one little bogan twit was bullying my 8 year old I told him to f... o.. and he said he will get his dad on me and he is a gypsy joker head member of the gang ....bring it on ................t..ts.
Old Nov 14th 2010, 11:37 am
BE Enthusiast

al150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to behold

Actually it says fit in or f... o... to put it bluntly , well yeh I would if I had money but I am going to get my citizen ship so hopefully I am welcome in Wa In the areas I like as to fit in where I live right now I would have to be like the clampets .and I am no council estate equivilent by any means ......nRockingham is feral bogan and full of biker people with mullets and beards trust me I am not the only one to think it .....I will have the gypsy jokers after me after writing this , one little bogan twit was bullying my 8 year old I told him to f... o.. and he said he will get his dad on me and he is a gypsy joker head member of the gang ....bring it on ................t..ts.
Well in our 'rough British' area the car stickers read as I've said.

Sorry but you sound like one of the Brits that come over here & give the rest of us a bad name for being a whinging pomme. I can't believe you even slate the aussies here, it's their country for heavens sake! As for telling another child to 'f' off....nice...not! Yes I can understand you being annoyed but lead by example, you're an adult after all & please don't give the rest of us a bad name because of your attitude & opinions.

Oh & do you actually know any bikers personally? I'm a biker as is hubby as our many of our friends, even some aussie ones, all normal people.

Why on earth would you want Citizenship? I'm struggling to work out what you actually like here

Alison
Old Nov 14th 2010, 11:49 am
Forum Regular

Sorry but you sound like one of the Brits that come over here & give the rest of us a bad name for being a whinging pomme. I can't believe you even slate the aussies here, it's their country for heavens sake! As for telling another child to 'f' off....nice...not! Yes I can understand you being annoyed but lead by example, you're an adult after all & please don't give the rest of us a bad name because of your attitude & opinions.

Oh & do you actually know any bikers personally? I'm a biker as is hubby as our many of our friends, even some aussie ones, all normal people.

Why on earth would you want Citizenship? I'm struggling to work out what you actually like here

Alison
Old Nov 14th 2010, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

Alison
I will get my harley out and give you a race , it the rough common ferals I don't like nothing wrong with a biker in general my cousin is a biker in cornwall , but the bikers down this way are feral my experience in the shops demanding fags for free , greesy mop tops ...........I want citizenship as I may go to melbourne , sydney cairns , and it gives my kids the oportunity to ping pong if they wish stay or leave without it they don't have that choice....I have already said in my first post what I like here !!!! ............yes i am a whinging pom as i got stuff to winge about .....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.