Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Can someone sell Perth (and Oz) to me!

Can someone sell Perth (and Oz) to me!

Old Nov 23rd 2010, 5:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Family of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can someone sell Perth (and Oz) to me!

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I fancied a 'mum hug' at the weekend, you know one of those hugs that only mums can do.
Yeah. (And now I'm feeling guilty for yelling at my son this morning - would it REALLY have mattered if we'd been late leaving the house. Better give him double hugs tonight!)
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 5:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Streaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond repute

this is a great post xx

You are always moaning, seriously has anyone ever pointed that out to you? You have somewhere to live, a husband and family, you are alot better off than alot of people yet you still moan.

Not only do you moan, but you seem to positively revel in slating people for enjoying their lives in a place that you see as a dive. People I might add who have a job, house and friends and realise that they are quite lucky in life with what they have.

Its easy to be bored you see, it takes no effort, its easy to moan constantly about your lot because that is less effort than seeking out stuff to do, I dont mean the occasional moan that we are all entitled to, that is part of human nature, I mean the moaning of the highest order - 'Im bored, no cafe culture, everywhere is a dive, these people are bogans, this school is feral, these kids are feral'.

Yet on the MBTUK forum there is a lady on there that has posted 'this time next year I will have been a one year cancer survivor'. Someone who isnt bored with life, but wants to grab it with both hands and live it and she sure puts you to shame, in fact many of the other members of the 'boredom gang' that post on here.

But no, your health and family, roof over your head, food on the table and an opportunity to do whatever you want if you would only get off your fat arse and grab that opportunity, this is not enough for you.

Because you do have the opportunity to do stuff, we all do. So instead of moaning about your lot, why dont you make the best of what you have and try to change what is within your powers.

Instead of insulting people that you see as feral and bogans, that could actually be salt of the earth type people that you never know, you might just find a good friend in.

But for the love of mike either go out and grab life while you are still young and healthy enough to do it but please stop complaining about what you havent got, open your eyes and see what you have and what is right in front of you.
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 5:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bruce n sheila
Thanks I will be happier out of port k .........I went to the roko show sunday omg .................says it all .......everyone everywhere omg ...............dregs of society .........I would liken it to a council estate show .only good thing was the cheer poms bloody fantastic my daughter is super at gymnastics I will get her to join they are the best cheer poms in WA ...I was looking around at the majority at the show , it is like they are all so very poor and can't afford clothes ...there were a few normals ......ha ha .....but was shocked .
Fantastic stuff..... I love BE at times like this.

Essex girl v Bogan The irony is just perfect in this case.

\
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 5:44 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
I read that as grab my husbands balls, I assume that is OK too
Give it a try and see what he thinks.
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 5:45 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

I'm just loving this thread. Please let it never stop. I've had tears of laughter rolling down my cheeks at some of the posts from the OP, though I'm pretty sure the whole thing is a wind up, it's hysterical.
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 5:50 am
BE Enthusiast

londonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Fantastic stuff..... I love BE at times like this.

Essex girl v Bogan The irony is just perfect in this case.

\

Although, let's get our categories right seeing as the theme now is of labelling all and sundry I believe that in the UK the appropriate term would be chavette in fact, surprising that they don't seem to mix too well with Bogans?

As Bourbon Biscuit says, incredibly entertaining thread please don't stop
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 6:01 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

I might grab Mr PPs penis when he gets home tonight and thank my lucky stars he has one.
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 6:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Family of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond repute

I might grab Mr PPs penis when he gets home tonight and thank my lucky stars he has one.
LOL!

I hope it IS a wind up, but I doubt it.......
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 6:16 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Family of 3
LOL!

I hope it IS a wind up, but I doubt it.......
As it happens I am feeling rather fruity
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 6:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by londonescapee

Although, let's get our categories right seeing as the theme now is of labelling all and sundry I believe that in the UK the appropriate term would be chavette in fact, surprising that they don't seem to mix too well with Bogans?

As Bourbon Biscuit says, incredibly entertaining thread please don't stop
Finally found someone they could actually look down on that wasn't a Pikie or from different ethnic origins.

Bloody bogans wont even wear false labels.... how dare they breath the same air.
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 6:33 am
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
I read that as grab my husbands balls, I assume that is OK too
It`s ok to grab em - just don`t squeeze em!(well not too hard)

Last edited by gobbyjock; Nov 23rd 2010 at 6:51 am.
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 7:32 am
BE Enthusiast

As it happens I am feeling rather fruity
LOL!

I thought YOU were joking (although now I'm not sure) it was BnS I wasn't sure about....
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

blueballs is just really niceblueballs is just really niceblueballs is just really niceblueballs is just really niceblueballs is just really niceblueballs is just really niceblueballs is just really niceblueballs is just really niceblueballs is just really niceblueballs is just really niceblueballs is just really nice

You are always moaning, seriously has anyone ever pointed that out to you? You have somewhere to live, a husband and family, you are alot better off than alot of people yet you still moan.

Not only do you moan, but you seem to positively revel in slating people for enjoying their lives in a place that you see as a dive. People I might add who have a job, house and friends and realise that they are quite lucky in life with what they have.

Its easy to be bored you see, it takes no effort, its easy to moan constantly about your lot because that is less effort than seeking out stuff to do, I dont mean the occasional moan that we are all entitled to, that is part of human nature, I mean the moaning of the highest order - 'Im bored, no cafe culture, everywhere is a dive, these people are bogans, this school is feral, these kids are feral'.

Yet on the MBTUK forum there is a lady on there that has posted 'this time next year I will have been a one year cancer survivor'. Someone who isnt bored with life, but wants to grab it with both hands and live it and she sure puts you to shame, in fact many of the other members of the 'boredom gang' that post on here.

But no, your health and family, roof over your head, food on the table and an opportunity to do whatever you want if you would only get off your fat arse and grab that opportunity, this is not enough for you.

Because you do have the opportunity to do stuff, we all do. So instead of moaning about your lot, why dont you make the best of what you have and try to change what is within your powers.

Instead of insulting people that you see as feral and bogans, that could actually be salt of the earth type people that you never know, you might just find a good friend in.

But for the love of mike either go out and grab life while you are still young and healthy enough to do it but please stop complaining about what you havent got, open your eyes and see what you have and what is right in front of you.
Post of the year i reckon.

Last edited by blueballs; Nov 23rd 2010 at 1:37 pm. Reason: balaclava is to tight
Old Nov 24th 2010, 5:45 am
BE Enthusiast

pomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry Bruce and Sheila for the rant but seriously, count your blessings, try and locate to somewhere where you would like to live and make the best of what you have because in the blink of an eye your situation can change drastically. And then quite suddenly, you will yearn for 'ordinary', because there is nothing wrong with ordinary, and there is nothing wrong with the people you refer to as Bogans because they might not dress or look the way in which you are used to but they could turn out to be the best mates you have ever had.

If you have a good set of brains, your health and some determination then channel it into making yourself happy.

You know I spent Fri night in hospital and there was an elderly man in the bed next to me with cancer, his wife died 7 years ago and he has noone now, I heard him asking the nurse to 'take his cancer pain away as he was fed up with it' - It just made me think how much we fret about the trivial stuff.

Go and give your husband and kids a hug, take a look around and not only appreciate what you have, but grab life by the balls and show it what your made of.

To me, people who are perpetually happy, always put on a smiley face regardless, and the world is a happy and perfect place are usual borderline insane, simple or on happy drugs or a result of their culture.

Nothing wrong in being in touch with your current state of mind and actually admitting it rather than pretending everything is perfect and bottling it up. We all know the forever happy types, usually the ones who are actually drowning in deep shit IMO. You have to seriously wonder why there are so many regular posters on BE?! Seriously, think about it.

1 in 5 people will get depression in Australia, the highest proportion in the Western world I believe. Tell those people to 'buck up' and 'get over it' and 'pull their socks up' . Yes, we do moan about trival stuff but keeping it locked inside can cause more problems IMO. Nothing wrong with venting and ranting and everyone is entilted to their opinion.

I DO understand how Bruce n Sheila feels as if she has gone backwards in life by moving to a certain area. It's not a snob thing, just human nature for wanting the best you can offer your family and yes, she has grabbed life by the balls by leaving the UK to come to Aus - how much more ball grabbing can you get than that??!!!! If you hang around with dogs with fleas, then you eventually catch fleas.
Old Nov 24th 2010, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by pomtastic
To me, people who are perpetually happy, always put on a smiley face regardless, and the world is a happy and perfect place are usual borderline insane, simple or on happy drugs or a result of their culture.

Nothing wrong in being in touch with your current state of mind and actually admitting it rather than pretending everything is perfect and bottling it up. We all know the forever happy types, usually the ones who are actually drowning in deep shit IMO. You have to seriously wonder why there are so many regular posters on BE?! Seriously, think about it.

1 in 5 people will get depression in Australia, the highest proportion in the Western world I believe. Tell those people to 'buck up' and 'get over it' and 'pull their socks up' . Yes, we do moan about trival stuff but keeping it locked inside can cause more problems IMO. Nothing wrong with venting and ranting and everyone is entilted to their opinion.

I DO understand how Bruce n Sheila feels as if she has gone backwards in life by moving to a certain area. It's not a snob thing, just human nature for wanting the best you can offer your family and yes, she has grabbed life by the balls by leaving the UK to come to Aus - how much more ball grabbing can you get than that??!!!! If you hang around with dogs with fleas, then you eventually catch fleas.
Sorry but I am not continually happy, I have my own shit to deal with and I dont see the point walking around looking miserable, I would rather try and make the best of it - moaning will not solve it, it will make it worse.

As I said, there is human nature moaning and there is the other kind. You want green fields, bloody well go and find them or go to a place where you can. Same goes for museums, history, culture.

I am not telling anyone to 'get over it', and what I have said is not even on a link with depression, I have a mental illness myself - PTSD and I know one cannot just get over it. My inner 'horrors' live with me 24/7, no pause/stop/rewind button so yes I know you 'cant get over it'.

But what is digging out my arse in annoyance is the slating 'bogans' - they dont look right to her, its generalising an entire suburb or suburbs and the way in which she does it.

She hasnt mentioned that she has clinicial depression, she has mentioned she is bored and as I said, it takes less effort to be bored than it does to get off your arse and do something - anything, try something.

Noone likes the moaning teenager that says 'mum Im bored' when they have 6weeks off for summer hols, well this is what a bored adult sounds like.

And as for smiling, even if you are feeling crap - there is nothing wrong with trying to smile to not only make yourself feel a bit better but to make you a little more approachable to your friends/colleagues.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.