Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Can someone sell Perth (and Oz) to me!

Can someone sell Perth (and Oz) to me!

Old Nov 18th 2010, 2:41 pm
Forum Regular

bruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to all
Default Re: Can someone sell Perth (and Oz) to me!

Originally Posted by gobbyjock
Personally I believe in taking people as I find them. Oh and by the way it`s Aboriginal - the term you used is very offensive. I find it distasteful that people use the voicing of their opinion as an excuse to be extremely rude and disrepectful, there are more eloquent ways to put your view across without being so offensive. You write the whole place off ,you keep telling us how it`s feral and you love to use the word bogan repeatedly - we get the idea - you are very unhappy but please accept the fact that it is only your opinion and view it doesn`t have to mean a flying fart to the rest of us.
Gobby jock I better not call you that seeing as you may find it offensive seeing as you are scottish , come an for christs sake . ozzie , whoopsbetter not say that ... Australians are known as ozzies , us British are Brits or pomms , oh should I not say that offensive..... ozzies call ambulances ambos, fire engines are firo's, car regestrations are rego's whats wrong with calling an aborigine an abo ...its abriviated ...not exactly calling them a nigger now am I?. I bet most abo's are ok . just get the odd one with a chip on their shoulder which is fact ...........stop being so god damn protective over Rockingham just because you work in a dive of a school I don't give a flying fart either that you love bogansville so much , I think it is a shit pit.

Last edited by Sue; Nov 19th 2010 at 1:05 am. Reason: Name removed, please don't post the name of a members work place.
Old Nov 18th 2010, 2:49 pm
Forum Regular

bruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Dorothy
What exactly does one being Jewish have to do with anything? I'm Jewish and I think you would find the vast majority of my friends would describe me as generous to a fault.

You sound like quite a bigot. You don't like Aboriginals, or British, or Jews. Anyone else you're not fond of? And just out of curiosity, what is your ethnic background? You write like someone whose first language is not English.
My grandparents were jews , my dad is a jew , trust me ...I know what I am talking about ...I never said I don't like jews or ABO'S .....I actually just said that one abo was trying punching my son . I never said I don't like Jews as that would mean I dislike most of my family ..Jews are renouned to be tight. May be hard workers , but save and are stringent with spending .Glad your known to be generous ...my dad is too he got me a car ..however buys primark when INFACT he could buy marks and spencer QUALITY . ....thats my point I am far from a bigot ......I tell you what I am CERTAINLY not fond of , jumped up ass holes on BE ....Who have nothing better to do with their time then go on here picking on people insted of being productive and helpful ....obviously the Perth boredom coming out .
Old Nov 18th 2010, 2:50 pm
Well Endowed Member

The Squire of Onchan is just really niceThe Squire of Onchan is just really niceThe Squire of Onchan is just really niceThe Squire of Onchan is just really niceThe Squire of Onchan is just really niceThe Squire of Onchan is just really niceThe Squire of Onchan is just really niceThe Squire of Onchan is just really niceThe Squire of Onchan is just really niceThe Squire of Onchan is just really nice

Here we go ...

I'll have a Meat Feast and go heavy on the jalapenos.
Old Nov 18th 2010, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=the troubadour;8988752].
There are countless threads on British Expats and the like, as well as being the opinion of countless people over the decades ,that Perth is very limited in any number of ways. Would have thought the warning very clear,that being give Perth a wide berth ,if what one is seeking is a city with a vibe or the need to live in a lively place.

I agree my friend .
Old Nov 18th 2010, 2:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by The Squire of Onchan
Here we go ...

I'll have a Meat Feast and go heavy on the jalapenos.
here we go yes am replying ..........make sure you get some vege food for me too , as a little hungry got no decent restaurants here in Roko ........oh may be should'nt abriviate it , Gobby Jock might get offended .

Last edited by bruce n sheila; Nov 18th 2010 at 3:11 pm.
Old Nov 18th 2010, 7:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bruce n sheila
Gobby jock I better not call you that seeing as you may find it offensive seeing as you are scottish , come an for christs sake . ozzie , whoopsbetter not say that ... Australians are known as ozzies , us British are Brits or pomms , oh should I not say that offensive..... ozzies call ambulances ambos, fire engines are firo's, car regestrations are rego's whats wrong with calling an aborigine an abo ...its abriviated ...not exactly calling them a nigger now am I?. I bet most abo's are ok . just get the odd one with a chip on their shoulder which is fact ...........stop being so god damn protective over Rockingham just because you work in a dive of a school (warnbro) I don't give a flying fart either that you love bogansville so much , I think it is a shit pit.
I am Australian (born in Mt Lawley) and I can tell you Abo is offensive terminology. In South Western Australia you could call them Black Fellas and Noonga's (the traditional tribal name for the people of South Western Australia) and not offend but not Abo.
Old Nov 18th 2010, 9:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

al150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to behold

Can I just quote this from a previous thread of yours S&B -
we are a family that currently like going out at weekends to either park ,forest , cinema , bowling , in the week generally stay in get dvd's , we are not clubby people so a pub here or there is good for now and then we like shops
So other than the fact you don't like anyone here it sounds like you got what you asked for. Weekends - there are numerous parks, forests & even beaches all be it you may have to get in the car but I think that's pretty much the same the world over to get the whole lot in an area. And there are cinemas, etc here too. You can still stay in during the week with your dvds You're not clubby people so no issues there as you don't need that sort of thing. Yep there are pubs here & there but again you may have to get in the car to get to one. Oh & there are shops here as well.

All sounds pretty sorted to me

Alison x

Last edited by al150n; Nov 18th 2010 at 9:33 pm.
Old Nov 18th 2010, 9:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Japonica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kelli28
And the autistic/aspies.
Wow, that's a pretty big generalization...work shy...yeah, I met a few of those, including one guy (PhD candidate) who had never had a job since he started his studies...sad... I can't say I encountered too many autistic profs in the social sciences and humanities departments over the years...there was one severely dyslexic associate prof who employed me, but that was about it...
Old Nov 18th 2010, 9:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Japonica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond repute

My grandparents were jews , my dad is a jew , trust me ...I know what I am talking about ...I never said I don't like jews or ABO'S .....I actually just said that one abo was trying punching my son . I never said I don't like Jews as that would mean I dislike most of my family ..Jews are renouned to be tight. May be hard workers , but save and are stringent with spending .Glad your known to be generous ...my dad is too he got me a car ..however buys primark when INFACT he could buy marks and spencer QUALITY . ....thats my point I am far from a bigot ......I tell you what I am CERTAINLY not fond of , jumped up ass holes on BE ....Who have nothing better to do with their time then go on here picking on people insted of being productive and helpful ....obviously the Perth boredom coming out .
Old Nov 18th 2010, 9:28 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Japonica
I thought the same, how to win friends and influence people
Old Nov 18th 2010, 9:29 pm
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

Gobby jock I better not call you that seeing as you may find it offensive seeing as you are scottish , come an for christs sake . ozzie , whoopsbetter not say that ... Australians are known as ozzies , us British are Brits or pomms , oh should I not say that offensive..... ozzies call ambulances ambos, fire engines are firo's, car regestrations are rego's whats wrong with calling an aborigine an abo ...its abriviated ...not exactly calling them a nigger now am I?. I bet most abo's are ok . just get the odd one with a chip on their shoulder which is fact ...........stop being so god damn protective over Rockingham just because you work in a dive of a school (warnbro) I don't give a flying fart either that you love bogansville so much , I think it is a shit pit.
You are happy to state that you are expressing an opinion - you are entitled to do so -in fact you have done so - the same thing over and over and over. I should be allowed to also state my opinion - so build a bridge and get over it.
You are obviously a very unhappy person at the minute - whilst I sympathise with you being stuck in a place you hate I don`t think it`s an excuse for rudeness. A lot of people on here - myself included have tried to be helpful towards you - please do not fling that back in peoples faces. There are a lot of good people living in this area, they don`t have 6 toes, they wear shoes to the shops, they don`t have rat tails, tattoos or criminal records just hardworking honest , nice people, trying to get on with lives - I honestly think that you are so focused on the bad now that you will never recognise this.
Your posts say so much about you as a person that I think I shall leave it at that.

Last edited by gobbyjock; Nov 18th 2010 at 10:18 pm.
Old Nov 18th 2010, 10:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

al150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to behold

So you'd happily called a Pakistani a paki to their face then

Alison x
Old Nov 19th 2010, 2:40 am
Forum Regular

mrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to all

I'm not a racist(thought I'd better put that first!) but sometimes I do think things associated with being a 'racist' are over the top.I am British so I'm called a Brit(abbreviated)some one from Pakistan is called a paki(abbreviated).someone from Australia is called an Aussie(abbreviated)and the list goes on and on.I think there's worse things going on in the world to be worried about being called a Brit,paki or Aussie. Xx
Old Nov 19th 2010, 3:51 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

There is two things here that we and the OP need to think about. 1. Most of us has serious issues with (enter name of place you emigrated to) when we first arrived. I hated Perth, as some of you may remember. Its just a normal reaction to the shock of sudddenly finding yourself in another country. 2. Perth is different. If your idea of fun is a masive night club scene that would rival London, then yep, its going to seem dull as dishwater. If your idea of heaven is shopping, then yes its also not going to be great - but if shopping is your idea of fun, then maybe its the person thats dull rather than the place. But for most i think its just that the opportunities to do things are different. More sporty for example. We live in a fairly quiet area and i was worried my OH would hate it. But she is very happy. On the other hand we lived in the centre of Sydney and she thought it was boring and dull.
Old Nov 19th 2010, 4:01 am
BE Enthusiast

pomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond reputepomtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the troubadour

Perth in my eyes these days is pretty much a rip off. Prices tend to be more than other cities,from supermarket prices through to taking a coffee in a cafe.Every one has tried to profit from the mining boom who could,leaving those on wages worse off.
House prices are a total rip off ,but there appear to be signs of a down turn there as no way is it worth anything what is being asked.
I'd say head over East again before getting too settled, but good luck on whatever you decide on.
Absolutely, house prices are a joke and they are indeed coming off as predicted by myself. The so called 'spring selling' season that's happening now has been a complete wash out in Perth with hardly any uptick in sales. The media will have no choice other than to admit that housing is now finished and price declines will accelerate as people holding onto negativelty geared housing will be losing money hand over fist and will want to bail out.

Migration to Perth is/has going to drop off massively due to the fact that it's blue collar workers paradise and UK blue collar workers can no longer afford it here - it's that simple! I know Perth's market, I know the 'types' that come here and I know that they are generally priced out now.

Million dollar house anyone?? That's £600K!!

Perth is complacent compared to the UK. Businesses here are quite happy to just rip off the customer with bad service and value and ride on the back of mining for China and sell over inflated houses to each other for higher and higher prices. It's an economic model that will fail unfortunately. The UK is more hungry for overseas business, especially China and companies strive to give you the best deals - something that does not happen here. This will come back to bite Aus in the bum.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.