Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Can someone sell Perth (and Oz) to me!

Can someone sell Perth (and Oz) to me!

Old Nov 14th 2010, 12:50 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can someone sell Perth (and Oz) to me!

I love where I live. I am boring, bogan and proud of it!!!!!!! I have a great life, better than I had in UK. Chavtastic mate
Old Nov 14th 2010, 1:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

debbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to behold

I too am a Rocky Bogan and proud...i love it here....Suck it up Princess! your here, you obviously have to stay here so get over yerself
Old Nov 15th 2010, 1:45 am
Forum Regular

bruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to all

Originally Posted by debbieuk
I too am a Rocky Bogan and proud...i love it here....Suck it up Princess! your here, you obviously have to stay here so get over yerself
I dont have to stay in Rockingham tho , I am currently trying to get out of my lease ....thank christ .....
Old Nov 15th 2010, 2:11 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

A lot of bigans are very nice people - don't judge everyone on their looks.
Old Nov 15th 2010, 2:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Family of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond repute

I've been thinking about this.

A lot of the appeal of Oz, besides the weather, is the laid-back, down to earth, friendly, un-stuck up people who are not snobby. Surely, then, an element of boganosity (!) is inevitable.

But then I'm a bogan wannabe - there was a post a while ago that said bogans shop at IKEA and Target, and I like both those shops.............
Old Nov 15th 2010, 3:14 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Family of 3
I've been thinking about this.

A lot of the appeal of Oz, besides the weather, is the laid-back, down to earth, friendly, un-stuck up people who are not snobby. Surely, then, an element of boganosity (!) is inevitable.

But then I'm a bogan wannabe - there was a post a while ago that said bogans shop at IKEA and Target, and I like both those shops.............
I'm wearing a top I bought at Target on the weekend. Regular $39 but marked down to $11.

Guess that makes me a bogan too.
Old Nov 15th 2010, 3:16 am
BE Forum Addict

elice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
I'm wearing a top I bought at Target on the weekend. Regular $39 but marked down to $11.

I'm wearing a top that cost me $6 at Kmart! Can I be a bogan too?
Oh and my house is mostly furnished by Ikea
Old Nov 15th 2010, 3:23 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elice_in_oz
I'm wearing a top that cost me $6 at Kmart! Can I be a bogan too?
Oh and my house is mostly furnished by Ikea
$6!!! Wow. Gotta get myself down to Kmart tonight. The best thing? I've wrecked my knee so am most comfortable in bare feet. It's gonna be the height of boganism for me...Barefoot shopping at Kmart. I may just have to get out my dressy pyjama pants.
Old Nov 15th 2010, 3:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Seneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LucyQ
Stronger economy/higher standard of living/lower population density/more space/nicer residential property/better weather/closer to some great SE Asian countries/stronger pensions than UK/better healthcare/very different attitude to life/more child-friendly/better dining out/properly multicultural/more democratic

In the interests of balance -

Despite rate rises property remains suicidally high (a house near me has just put its back garden on the market for development: $750,000 - this is just for the garden/a long flight away from family/limited TV culture (and that's being polite)/the War on Flying Insects every summer/totally unaffordable books so Amazon for everything

Last edited by Seneca21; Nov 15th 2010 at 3:38 am.
Old Nov 15th 2010, 3:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Family of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond repute

$6!!! Wow. Gotta get myself down to Kmart tonight. The best thing? I've wrecked my knee so am most comfortable in bare feet. It's gonna be the height of boganism for me...Barefoot shopping at Kmart. I may just have to get out my dressy pyjama pants.
I'm wearing Tesco jeans, but presumably since that's not Oz that's non-bogan.

Or am I chav? (Left the UK before chavs became popular, so no idea.....)
Old Nov 15th 2010, 3:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Seneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Family of 3
I'm wearing Tesco jeans, but presumably since that's not Oz that's non-bogan.

Or am I chav? (Left the UK before chavs became popular, so no idea.....)
I like to think Chavs and Bogans are actually different groups, not just different words for the same phenomenon.
Old Nov 15th 2010, 4:40 am
Forum Regular

mrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to all

I've lived in rockingham 15 months now and yes it can be rough and I've seen quite a few fights(not outside pubs or nightclubs but in the daytime outside the shopping centre)but I think all places are like this nowadays whether it's Australia or uk.when I feel a little homesick I go down to the foreshore in rockingham.the suns blazing,the beach is beautiful and the sea so clear and I remind myself that's what we came for.I hope you can get out of your rental lease and find somewhere you like as we are all different.good luck xx
Old Nov 15th 2010, 4:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Japonica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond repute

Or are we hosers--trying to recall our Canadian version of bogans and all I can think of is the guys from Trailer Park Boys

I bought a bunch of summer blouses at Target and half our house is IKEA stuff... the half we didn't buy off gumtree...
Old Nov 15th 2010, 5:34 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Big W have some nice summer dresses in stock and I bought a pair of leather thongs for $10 last week.

However, Myer has the biggest heap of shite for stuff ever, my pj's fell apart after a month so I shall buy some from Target as my friends have lasted over a year.
Old Nov 15th 2010, 5:44 am
Forum Regular

mrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to all

There's some nice pj's in kmart at the moment.I get mine there all the time and they wash great.x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.