Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Can someone help!!! CERTIFIED COPIES

Can someone help!!! CERTIFIED COPIES

Old Sep 3rd 2006, 11:08 am
BE Enthusiast

The howellers has a brilliant futureThe howellers has a brilliant futureThe howellers has a brilliant futureThe howellers has a brilliant futureThe howellers has a brilliant futureThe howellers has a brilliant future
Default Can someone help!!! CERTIFIED COPIES

G'day
Its our first visit to the site, and we need some advice please.
We are just about to send off our applictions to the TRA, and we need to get certified copies of our documents. On the application form is says a policeman or head teacher may be able to do this, is this possible in the UK? Or do we need to get a solicitor or notary public? And any idea on how much it will cost etc?

Any advice or tips about ANYTHING regarding TRA/VISA applictions will be much appreciated.

Many thanks

The Howellers
xxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 11:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can someone help!!! CERTIFIED COPIES

Originally Posted by The howellers
G'day
We are just about to send off our applictions to the TRA, and we need to get certified copies of our documents. On the application form is says a policeman or head teacher may be able to do this, is this possible in the UK? Or do we need to get a solicitor or notary public? And any idea on how much it will cost etc?

Any advice or tips about ANYTHING regarding TRA/VISA applictions will be much appreciated.

Many thanks

The Howellers
xxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello and welcome to BE

Basically if they can verify your ID for a passport application, then they are OK to verify your documents for the TRA.

Get three or four copies of everything, as you will need more for the Visa application and for certain trades you will also need to send them again after you migrate, eg: electricians and plumbers need licences.

Also the references are good for applying for jobs when you get here.

If you need any more info, just ask there are plenty of people here who can offer advice, support or just general chat if and when you need it
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 11:34 am
BE Enthusiast

The howellers has a brilliant futureThe howellers has a brilliant futureThe howellers has a brilliant futureThe howellers has a brilliant futureThe howellers has a brilliant futureThe howellers has a brilliant future

Cheers for that Wendy.
My wife has a friend who is high up in the police force, so hopefully she will be able to sign the copies (save some cash).

Nice one

Justin

xxx
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 11:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers for that Wendy.
My wife has a friend who is high up in the police force, so hopefully she will be able to sign the copies (save some cash).

Nice one

Justin

xxx

Yep, no problem with them doing it.

Good luck with it
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 12:25 pm
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers for that Wendy.

Nice one

Justin

xxx

The mrs best mates hubby is a officer of the law and he signed our for us and we got our TRA back all sorted.
It just cost us a few bottles of beer hes doing the same for the visa, good luck on your TRA what are you going in as???
Old Sep 4th 2006, 11:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Cheers for the info, that should save us a few quid.
Pre-press trades person and Hairdresser, we wanted to apply under my wifes trade (hairdresser) because its on the MODL, but she only works part time, so it looks like we will have to apply under my trade.

Thanks again

Justin
Old Sep 5th 2006, 9:57 pm
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers for the info, that should save us a few quid.
Pre-press trades person and Hairdresser, we wanted to apply under my wifes trade (hairdresser) because its on the MODL, but she only works part time, so it looks like we will have to apply under my trade.

Thanks again

Justin
have a check on the visa site for work experience, but, I think if you wife works 20 or more hours a week then you can use her occupation!
don't take my word for it tho'!!! (I'm only a learner myself, but I read everything!!!)

Ali
Old Sep 5th 2006, 10:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

marvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of light

We got two copies of everything certified as one went in the TRA and the other has just gone in the visa (need to be less than one year old) Ours was done by a couple of solicitors prices varied but wasn't expensive at all. Although I've read some solicitors really charge a considerable amount for the service, agent said to expect about £7-8 I think. In reality it was a lot, lot less and mad the visa application very much easier
Old Sep 6th 2006, 5:08 pm
Off to Goldy on my own!!!

sreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to all

hi and good luck,we have just recieved our visas,we used our bank manager to certify all the docs,just went in with the originals and copies 10 mins later all done
cheers steve
Old Sep 6th 2006, 5:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sreeby
hi and good luck,we have just recieved our visas,we used our bank manager to certify all the docs,just went in with the originals and copies 10 mins later all done
cheers steve
Congratulations!Thanks for that! Think i will ask client in C.I.D.Give her a free haircut in return!Hopefully that will get us in!
Tracey.x
Old Sep 14th 2006, 9:49 pm
Just Joined

Paul Rilstone is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I have just had mine done for the ACS. Australian Computer society. We needed a 'Justice of the peace' - Judge to sign ours.

You go to a mag court and they can do it before the start of court. The price was a little vague though. When we first asked, we were told it was £8 a copy, but when it came to pay it was £8 in total (for 9 doc's).

Your passport, birth cert will also need to be copied.

Hope this helps

Good luck!

Paul

G'day

Many thanks

The Howellers
xxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx
Old Sep 14th 2006, 10:13 pm
M J
BE Enthusiast

M J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond repute

G'day

Many thanks

The Howellers
xxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello and Welcome!!!
My husband and i are just completing our TRA ,so were just starting out too.
With regards to a police officer signing your certified copies, i think it really depends on a couple of things .... firstly which force they work for (Hertfordshire wont allow it) secondly the individual and whether they're a stickler for rules!!
Good luck anyway and dont worry about asking questions, we all learn from the answers!!!!