Reload this Page >

Can she bring her bicycle!

Can she bring her bicycle!

Old Dec 6th 2006, 7:46 am
Forum Regular

Madster is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can she bring her bicycle!

Hi

Can my daughter bring her bike into oz as I understand they are really tough on dirt on wheels etc? Buying a new bike for her today so really would appriciate if you could tell me what you did?
Th anks
Old Dec 6th 2006, 7:51 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can she bring her bicycle!

Originally Posted by Madster
Hi

Can my daughter bring her bike into oz as I understand they are really tough on dirt on wheels etc? Buying a new bike for her today so really would appriciate if you could tell me what you did?
Th anks
yup but it might take a while to cycle here - boom boom.

Seriously no worries. Just make sure there is no mud around or dirty grease and it will be fine. clean it and wipe it over with WD40.
Old Dec 6th 2006, 8:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Rosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond reputeRosie Cheeks has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20

Seriously no worries. Just make sure there is no mud around or dirty grease and it will be fine. clean it and wipe it over with WD40.
LOL , Bloomin heck, that was really funny Moneypen!! Got visions of everybody else in the family waving at the steps of the aircraft, while the poor wee girl sets off on her bike.

Yeah, we brought 3 bikes with us. We cleaned them really well, the packers wrapped them up. The 'authorities' didn't open them, as when they arrived they were wrapped exactly as they were when they left the UK.
Old Dec 6th 2006, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

Well now that she is not under two anymore and therefore does not fly for free, we thought it might be an idea worth exhausting Pardon the pun.

Thanks for your help, just one more question, does the removal company tell you what you can and can not bring down to the nearest screw? I am truly dreading packing for this if we do get the visa.
Old Dec 6th 2006, 9:20 am
BE Enthusiast

yanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of light

Hi,

We brought 5 bikes and cleaned them all in the same way before they went in the container. They were all pressure washed and then wiped down to ensure there was no dirt left on them. The Australian authorities passed them all apart from one which they cleaned . So you can bring bikes just be prepared for the authorities to give them an expensive wipe over .
Old Dec 6th 2006, 9:23 am
BE Enthusiast

yanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of light

Hope your removal company is more thorough than ours. We told them not to pack the pet food and a wicker basket. They promptly packed these which we immediately pointed out. They ensured us that they would be removed at their depot but surprise surprise they arrived in Oz and we had the pleasure of paying for them to be destroyed. So I would ensure that you are up to speed with what can and cannot go and that you keep an eye on the removal men.
Old Dec 6th 2006, 9:50 am
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

Our packers were absolutely brilliant (Robinsons). They knew exactly what could and couldn't go. We did virtually nothing apart from make them bacon butties. I couldn't believe how easy it was. Hubby had power washed anything with muck on it and they just took over and packed the lot. They left anything which could have been pulled up.
Old Dec 6th 2006, 10:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Ian12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond repute

They charged us quite a bit for steam cleaning the kids bikes - twice and to be honest new bikes are pretty cheap here. We bought a decent one for our 10 year old for about $350. So why not sell the one you have and buy another.

Originally Posted by Madster
Hi

Th anks
Old Dec 6th 2006, 11:15 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ian12
They charged us quite a bit for steam cleaning the kids bikes - twice and to be honest new bikes are pretty cheap here. We bought a decent one for our 10 year old for about $350. So why not sell the one you have and buy another.
Because they are only buying it today
Old Dec 6th 2006, 3:32 pm
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by moneypen20

LMAOOOO

Have you got a jet attachement for your hose

Wipe down eh voila spanking clean bike ready to go......

Think we might aswell sell the climbing frame - oh i can't wait for the kids to find out NOTTTTTT
and the trampoline cause that'll be hard work to clean oh dear we're gonna have 2 very unhappy kiddies

Jen
Old Dec 6th 2006, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

Yep, well she is now 3 1/2 and I think she really ready for one now, and 9 months is a long way away. Will just get a pressure hose for everything then, I wonder if I can stick hubby under that too, he has been getting on my nerves today (and that is just via the phone).

I reackon the money we have to buy a house with will be all gone, by the time we finished moving as I can see it all going wrong.
But I will note down Robinson as being good.
Did you guys pack or did they pack for you?, when moving over here I do like to pack myself as I can have a good clearout, however I am very nervous about the do's and don'ts on this one?
What did you guys do? And dare I ask how much they charge on average to pack? Maybe we can afford a shed in the outback by the time we tot up all the costs
Cheers
Maddie