Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Can a Secondary applicant be the first to arrive in austrlia?

Can a Secondary applicant be the first to arrive in austrlia?

Old Oct 1st 2004, 10:34 am
Just Joined

sandydubes is on a distinguished road
Default Can a Secondary applicant be the first to arrive in austrlia?

Visa - BQ-139 Designated Area Sponsored
12Aug - Applied to ASPC
19 Aug - Received File number
07Sep - PCC and Medical Requested
30 Sep - PCC and Medical submitted except for Singapore PCC which is pending owing to incorrect request letter sent by DIMIA. Case officer has agreed to the mistake and airmailing me the corrcetde fresh request letter for Singapore PCC.

I am a secondary applicant with my wife as the prime applicant. Once we get the PR can I be the first to arrive in Australia with my wife (Primary applicant) joining me after 3 months?

I heard that primary applicant has to be the first in the family unit to arrive in australia. Can anyone confirm and share views/information on this.
Old Oct 1st 2004, 10:40 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Default Re: Can a Secondary applicant be the first to arrive in austrlia?

Originally Posted by sandydubes
I heard that primary applicant has to be the first in the family unit to arrive in australia. Can anyone confirm and share views/information on this.
Not sure regarding your particular visa however for a Skilled Independant visa the main applicant has to validate before all others who are granted on same visa.

perhaps Jeremy [moderator on this forum] can help you

Old Oct 1st 2004, 10:54 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

From everything I have heard or read, primary applicant has to go through first, even when arriving together, they have to go through passport control before secondary.
Old Oct 1st 2004, 11:02 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally Posted by moneypen20
From everything I have heard or read, primary applicant has to go through first, even when arriving together, they have to go through passport control before secondary.
Ahhh......didn't know that...explains why I was asked for passport first even though other half was first in que. We thought it was strange

Old Oct 1st 2004, 11:45 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

The answer isssssssssssssss NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

The primary applicant must get there visa stamped first......been there done it, got the t-shirt

Even if u arrive on the same day the primary app needs to get visa stamped first.

My hubby's new job had to wait 9 weeks for him

Hope this helps
H
Old Oct 1st 2004, 7:25 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Contrary to others opinions you can be the first to arrive - but they wouldn't let you in
Old Oct 1st 2004, 7:37 pm
At last! We're here!!!

alison_g is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=sandydubes]Visa - BQ-139 Designated Area Sponsored
12Aug - Applied to ASPC
30 Sep - PCC and Medical submitted except for Singapore PCC which is pending owing to incorrect request letter sent by DIMIA. Case officer has agreed to the mistake and airmailing me the corrcetde fresh request letter for Singapore PCC.

I am a secondary applicant with my wife as the prime applicant. Once we get the PR can I be the first to arrive in Australia with my wife (Primary applicant) joining me after 3 months?

I heard that primary applicant has to be the first in the family unit to arrive in australia. Can anyone confirm and share views/information on this

Hi
Just saw this, my hubbie was the first applicant and it actually specified it on the visa sticker in the passport, something like 'this person must not arrive before .....' or words to that effect. After the initial entry it doesn't really matter.
Hope this helps
Alison
Old Oct 2nd 2004, 7:01 am
BE Enthusiast

swissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to all

[QUOTE=alison_g]
Originally Posted by sandydubes
Visa - BQ-139 Designated Area Sponsored
12Aug - Applied to ASPC

I heard that primary applicant has to be the first in the family unit to arrive in australia. Can anyone confirm and share views/information on this

Hi
Just saw this, my hubbie was the first applicant and it actually specified it on the visa sticker in the passport, something like 'this person must not arrive before .....' or words to that effect. After the initial entry it doesn't really matter.
Hope this helps
Alison
Hi Alison,

I was reading this thread and saw a flying yellow bird and thought.... hmmm, i dont remember replying to this thread!!!!!! Funny we picked the same one!

fabie