Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Can recommend Doree Bonner for shipping

Can recommend Doree Bonner for shipping

Old Jan 11th 2008, 11:24 am
Forum Regular

lickylady is a name known to alllickylady is a name known to alllickylady is a name known to alllickylady is a name known to alllickylady is a name known to alllickylady is a name known to alllickylady is a name known to alllickylady is a name known to alllickylady is a name known to alllickylady is a name known to alllickylady is a name known to all
Default Can recommend Doree Bonner for shipping

Hi,

We filled a 20ft container from Benfleet in Essex and shipped it to Adelaide. It cost £3900. that included 3 guys from Doree Bonner coming to our house, totally packing everything, you just leave everything where it is, ie: plates in cupboards, bikes in shed etc. We did clean bikes and tools etc so they were spotless. It then went on Maersk ship and arrived 6 weeks later in Adelaide to Grace Removals who delivered it to the door and unpacked it. Only one item was damaged which was the leg off a cabinet but we have managed to fix it.

The total cost from our house in Essex to Adelaide was £3900 plus $390 dollars for customs.

I Would recommend them to anyone. I would also suggest that you take as much as you can. The price didnt change, they said you still have some more room in the container and we literally threw things in that we were going to get rid of. It saved us loads when we got here.

www.doreebonner.co.uk
Old Jan 11th 2008, 12:15 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat001 is just really nicescrubbedexpat001 is just really nicescrubbedexpat001 is just really nicescrubbedexpat001 is just really nicescrubbedexpat001 is just really nicescrubbedexpat001 is just really nicescrubbedexpat001 is just really nicescrubbedexpat001 is just really nice
Default Re: Can recommend Doree Bonner for shipping

I wouldn't - the quote they gave me was so expensive it was unbelievable (£3900 funnily enough !) They didn't return follow up calls but then that might just be their Scottish Operation.

Used Anglo Pacific - £3350 inc VAT for shipping from West Lothian, Scotland To Perth, WA. $374 for Customs Clearance payable to the Oz Agent direct - MIM.

3 Guys packing a 3 bed semi, they dismantled every bit of furniture they could (beds, tables, cabinets) plus container and a driver for the truck - it was a 20ft sole use which went straight to Grangemouth and left the UK before we did (we flew out the next morning).
Old Jan 11th 2008, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

treefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nicetreefingers is just really nice

I hope they are good. We are using them & they are coming to pack in 2 weeks time. They were the cheapest quote at £1800 to ship us from London to Melbourne, & we had lots of people recommending them.
Old Jan 11th 2008, 3:08 pm
Unspoilt by progress.....

The Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by treefingers
I hope they are good. We are using them & they are coming to pack in 2 weeks time. They were the cheapest quote at £1800 to ship us from London to Melbourne, & we had lots of people recommending them.
We used them and they were OK. Grace Removals take over in Oz and they are quite good. No complaints.
Old Jan 11th 2008, 9:15 pm
Forum Regular

aussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud of

I DEF WOULDN'T RECOMMEND NOTTINGHAM BRANCH.

DIDN'T RETURN CALLS ONCE BOOKED, 20FT SOLE USE CONTAINER TOOK FROM SEPTEMBER TO END JAN TO ARRIVE. NOT GOT STUFF YET AS CLEARED CUSTOMS YESTERDAY AND THEY FORGOT TO PACK MY BED, BUT PACKKED ITEMS WE SAID DUMP. PLUS TRIED TO SAY ONCE THEY HAD STUFF AT DEPOT WOULDN'T FIT INTO CONTAINER THEY'D QUOTED FOR !!!!!

AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE I'D SAY.

JANE