Reload this Page >

Can my dad move over

Can my dad move over

Old Nov 9th 2006, 1:30 am
Forum Regular

andyaldy will become famous soon enough
Default Can my dad move over

hi
i am currently here on a pr visa with my wife and 2 children, we would have been here 2 yrs in may next year, then we are hoping to apply for citizenship, my father who is in the uk would like to move over, he works full time as a printer, is not married and has no other children apart from myself, what i would like to know is if we apply for citizenship next may how long does this take so when if possible can he move here to be with us, are there different visas he can apply for, he would want to work once he is here, so a retirement visa would not be of any use, any advice on this would be great
thankyou
Old Nov 9th 2006, 1:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can my dad move over

How old is he and have you filled out an online points test?, if yes how many points did he have?

Is his Job on the SOL list? maybe he could apply for employer sponsership.

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1121i.pdf
Old Nov 9th 2006, 1:47 am
Forum Regular

hi
he is 55yrs old and works as a litho printer, i can find small offset printer on the sol list be he works the bigger offset printing machices which may be covered by something else, do you think he would be best writing to all the printing companies and asking them to sponser him, or is this usually a long shot.
thankyou
Old Nov 9th 2006, 1:56 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andyaldy
hi
i am currently here on a pr visa with my wife and 2 children, we would have been here 2 yrs in may next year, then we are hoping to apply for citizenship, my father who is in the uk would like to move over, he works full time as a printer, is not married and has no other children apart from myself, what i would like to know is if we apply for citizenship next may how long does this take so when if possible can he move here to be with us, are there different visas he can apply for, he would want to work once he is here, so a retirement visa would not be of any use, any advice on this would be great
thankyou

Have you looked at the Contributory Parent visa?

Employer nominated migration might be possible (and cheaper), but a long shot at his age.
Old Nov 9th 2006, 2:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

hi
he is 55yrs old and works as a litho printer, i can find small offset printer on the sol list be he works the bigger offset printing machices which may be covered by something else, do you think he would be best writing to all the printing companies and asking them to sponser him, or is this usually a long shot.
thankyou

It's worth looking into all possibilities. As JAJ said it could be a long shot, but you never know.
Old Nov 9th 2006, 2:04 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JAJ
Have you looked at the Contributory Parent visa?

Employer nominated migration might be possible (and cheaper), but a long shot at his age.
Hi
yes we have thought of the contributory parent visa which might be the best option, but very expensive, i think it is about $30000 in total, would he ever get any of that back, and how long would this process take once we have citieznship
thankyou
Old Nov 9th 2006, 2:10 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
yes we have thought of the contributory parent visa which might be the best option, but very expensive, i think it is about $30000 in total, would he ever get any of that back, and how long would this process take once we have citieznship
thankyou

do you have to wait until u r a citizen? is residency not enough for that visa?
Old Nov 9th 2006, 2:14 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
thankyou
The total visa fee will come close to $30k. None of that is refundable once the visa is used.

There is an additional 10 year Assurance of Support bond of $10k - this is refundable minus any welfare claims (and if welfare claims exceed the bond then Centrelink can demand repayment from the assurer).

You don't need citizenship to sponsor for this visa (but it helps). The minimum is PR with two years residence in Australia. You must also meet the requirements for an Assurance of Support.

Download and read Booklet 3 for Parent Migration, available on the DIMA site.
Old Nov 9th 2006, 2:20 am
Forum Regular

thankyou for that info, it looks like this is the only way for him to get out here, do you know how long this process takes.
thanks
Old Nov 9th 2006, 2:51 am
JAJ
Retired

thankyou for that info, it looks like this is the only way for him to get out here, do you know how long this process takes.
thanks
Contributory Parent visas currently take 12-15 months to process. But you must normally reach the two year mark before you can start the application.
Old Nov 9th 2006, 4:29 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAJ
Contributory Parent visas currently take 12-15 months to process. But you must normally reach the two year mark before you can start the application.
Silly question but what stops them leaving the country every 3 months for a holiday in NZ or Asia?
Old Nov 9th 2006, 5:05 am
Forum Regular

it wouldnt work this way i do not think as he wants to work while he is living here, it just seems such alot of money to pay $30000
Old Nov 9th 2006, 5:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by thebears
Silly question but what stops them leaving the country every 3 months for a holiday in NZ or Asia?

Immigration would catch on eventually and issue his holiday visa with a no further stay condition, so really not a good way to go about it. Plus like the OP said he wants to work so that's not really an option.
Old Nov 9th 2006, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

yes he is a good working man, and would not want to be doing anything that he could get into trouble with, do you know how long the other parent visa takes if you do not pay the $30000
Old Nov 9th 2006, 11:40 am
JAJ
Retired

Originally Posted by Wendy
Immigration would catch on eventually and issue his holiday visa with a no further stay condition,
They would more likely cancel the visa completely and send the person on the next plane home.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.