Reload this Page >

Can I take my gas range

Can I take my gas range

Old Jul 29th 2003, 4:28 pm
Just Joined

chefissac is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can I take my gas range

Hi all
Does anybody know if we will be able to take our gas range cooker with us to Oz? If so will it need converting to a different type of gas?

Thanks
Garry and Sandie

Old Jul 29th 2003, 7:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud of

Garry,
knowing what you chef's are like, take it ,I would say the first thing to do is contact the makers and ask IF it can be converted to LPG (calorgas to the uninitiated), and if so order the conversion kit to take with you as it is unlikely that you will be able to source spares in Australia.
We are taking ours with us but as a gas engineer it is not a problem for me to convert to lpg if the need arises.
A lot of Australia is using Natural Gas but some areas still survive on bottled gas .
The short answer is .......if you got room in the container, take it
Old Jul 29th 2003, 8:10 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can I take my gas range

Originally posted by chefissac
Hi all
Does anybody know if we will be able to take our gas range cooker with us to Oz? If so will it need converting to a different type of gas?

Thanks
Garry and Sandie

bottled gas [lpg] is very popular among the asian population here ,they do alot of cooking on the back verandahs, keeps the kitchen areas clean, ................. MM
Old Jul 29th 2003, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

Davenshell is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking

get off of that cooker grandad, your to old to be riding the range!
Old Jul 29th 2003, 10:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

Thanks
Garry and Sandie

I have decided to take mine as it is LPG and only 12 months old. If I sold it here, I wouldn't get the money that it is worth.
Just hoping that it will be okay.

Whisky
Old Jul 30th 2003, 2:53 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Depends where you are going. Up here you can only get gas if its bottled. Post where you are going and it may help with the answer.
Old Jul 30th 2003, 3:00 am
BE Enthusiast

april is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Rossi
Garry,
knowing what you chef's are like, take it ,I would say the first thing to do is contact the makers and ask IF it can be converted to LPG (calorgas to the uninitiated), and if so order the conversion kit to take with you as it is unlikely that you will be able to source spares in Australia.
We are taking ours with us but as a gas engineer it is not a problem for me to convert to lpg if the need arises.
A lot of Australia is using Natural Gas but some areas still survive on bottled gas .
Calorgas is that propane???????
Old Jul 30th 2003, 3:01 am
BE Enthusiast

april is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Davenshell
get off of that cooker grandad, your to old to be riding the range!

Old Jul 30th 2003, 7:40 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Hi all

Thanks
Garry and Sandie

If you are buying a new home - don't bother. You can have a nice fitted kitchen (gas stove top) instead. I have an electric oven which is fitted into the wall - and a gas stovetop (bottled gas) - If you're going to Brisbane you'll find a lot of the homes have no gas mains. There are a few new estates though pooping up(I left this spelling mistake in as I found it funny while I was reading "my preview box" - lol "popping" I mean) with main gas supply - Rothwell is one which I can think of, but they are far and few between here in Brissie - Newcastle was the same too.

If it was me, I wouldn't bother bringing the cooker, most second hand homes are sold with cookers - new homes have fitted cookers. Plus if you go into good Guys you'll see plenty of really nice stoves at pretty decent prices- or if want the two piece ones.

Cheers
Old Jul 30th 2003, 12:03 pm
Just Joined

chefissac is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Rossi
Garry,
Thanks for the reply. If we have a natural gas supply then do we not need to do any conversion? Would we be able to have a fitter connect it without a problem? If your near geelong maybe you could give us a quote for fitting.
Thanks
Garry and Sandie
Old Jul 31st 2003, 5:14 pm
Forum Regular

Davenshell is an unknown quantity at this point

Gas appliances in the uk are rated for an inlet pressure of 20mbar, Australian appliances work in kpa's but I'm not sure what the pressure is. I know they have a high and low pressure for some sites to enable using the existing gas pipe if extra appliances are added, you could find gas fitters will walk away if data plate on range does not give them the infomation they require to commision the appliance.
David
Old Jul 31st 2003, 5:31 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all

Thanks
Garry and Sandie

Take it. Of course it can be converted, they always can. And if you're just talking about the container - put it in!!!
Old Jul 31st 2003, 11:09 pm
Carol in Oz

Originally posted by pleasancefamily
Take it. Of course it can be converted, they always can. And if you're just talking about the container - put it in!!!
Yep agree with that too. Take it with you if you can.

www.agl.com.au Australian Gas if you want to contact them for more info!