Reload this Page >

Can I take my business with me.

Can I take my business with me.

Old Apr 29th 2003, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

icklepickle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can I take my business with me.

Hi Chaps,

We are just starting to think seriously about moving to NZ, I have looked through the various guide and think that both myself and my husband could have the appropriate amount of points to qualifiy for entry. We are both computer programmers which seems to be one of the trades required which is good. However about a year ago I startup a business here writing and selling computer software, it is starting to take off and should produce a reasonable annual profit in about 1 years time, but at the moment has a low turnover. Will I be allowed to take this business with me and run it in NZ - it is all internet based so the time difference etc will not really make much of a difference. What is the best thing for us to do? It looks to me as if my husband would need to apply for residency (although I have 2 more points than him).

Any ideas?

Last edited by icklepickle; Apr 29th 2003 at 6:47 pm.