Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Can I have a UK company while Living in Australia??

Can I have a UK company while Living in Australia??

Old Aug 9th 2005, 8:54 am
Banned

2foot has a brilliant future2foot has a brilliant future2foot has a brilliant future2foot has a brilliant future2foot has a brilliant future2foot has a brilliant future
Default Can I have a UK company while Living in Australia??

Hi,

I have a small company which will be always aimed at those in the UK, even if I was in perth.

Therefore it would make sence if I could just keep the HSBC account open as usual and do the UK self assessment forms as usual!

Then bring it over and spend it in Australia.

I`m thinking that it may be more complicated than this?? Is this allowed?

I have no working restrictions when I move next month so what would be the best option for me! I dont mind paying tax - just want a nice easy solution.

cheers
Old Aug 9th 2005, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

stressed out will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Can I have a UK company while Living in Australia??

Originally Posted by 2foot
Hi, HI I WAS TALKING TO A MAN ON THE BEACH THE OTHER DAY AND HE HAS STILL GOT HIS UK BUSINESS.. NOT MUCH HELP I KNOW ..... :scared:

I have a small company which will be always aimed at those in the UK, even if I was in perth.

Therefore it would make sence if I could just keep the HSBC account open as usual and do the UK self assessment forms as usual!

Then bring it over and spend it in Australia.

I`m thinking that it may be more complicated than this?? Is this allowed?

I have no working restrictions when I move next month so what would be the best option for me! I dont mind paying tax - just want a nice easy solution.

cheers
HI WAS TALKING TO A MAN ON THE BEACH THE OTHER DAY AND HE HAS STILL GOT HIS BUSINESS BACK IN THE UK......NOT MUCH HELP I KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :scared:
Old Aug 9th 2005, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

Storini will become famous soon enoughStorini will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Can I have a UK company while Living in Australia??

I don't know the regulations, but a couple of things would help if it is ok to be an offshore owner/director of a UK company:
1) have a good accountant (UK-based of course)
2) have the accountant's office the Registered Office of your company so all govt correspondence goes there
3) not be registered for VAT (assuming turnover below threshold), as they do occasional on-site inspections of your accounting procedures

Who will be your Co. Secretary?