can i get a job

Old Oct 25th 2004, 12:30 am
Forum Regular

paul&sharon is on a distinguished road
Default can i get a job

hello i am a british hairdresser who has 2 salons in the uk. myself and my family, hubby and 2 boys 13/10 are hoping to relocate to perth wa early 2006. we are going to perth feb 2005 to visit friends, is there any salon owners out there who would like to have a chat about possible employment or simply to give me advice. i arrive on the first of march 2005 any help would be good. i am willing to come and work for a day for free just to get the feel of what aussie salons are like any help/advice is welcome,cheers sharon
Old Oct 25th 2004, 12:41 am
Forum Regular

queenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant future
Default Re: can i get a job

I have just had a long chat about hairdressers with the locals in Sydney on Saturday. They all seemed to think that European hairdressers were excellent; far superior to the Aussie ones. They said the styles were way behind in Oz but the Europeans managed to keep up with world trends. British haridressers are highly prized here apparently and some top salons only employ British hairdressers.

This seems quite good news for you. It was a great surprise to me as I had never noticed any difference. I was just hoping for a name of a cutter but the one I got (a spaniard called Sergio) charges $140 for a cut. OUCH!

Wish you the best
Queenie

Originally Posted by paul&sharon
hello i am a british hairdresser who has 2 salons in the uk. myself and my family, hubby and 2 boys 13/10 are hoping to relocate to perth wa early 2006. we are going to perth feb 2005 to visit friends, is there any salon owners out there who would like to have a chat about possible employment or simply to give me advice. i arrive on the first of march 2005 any help would be good. i am willing to come and work for a day for free just to get the feel of what aussie salons are like any help/advice is welcome,cheers sharon
Old Oct 25th 2004, 12:49 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by queenie
I have just had a long chat about hairdressers with the locals in Sydney on Saturday. They all seemed to think that European hairdressers were excellent; far superior to the Aussie ones. They said the styles were way behind in Oz but the Europeans managed to keep up with world trends. British haridressers are highly prized here apparently and some top salons only employ British hairdressers.

This seems quite good news for you. It was a great surprise to me as I had never noticed any difference. I was just hoping for a name of a cutter but the one I got (a spaniard called Sergio) charges $140 for a cut. OUCH!

Wish you the best
Queenie
thanx for your reply this has to be good news for me and others like me good luck with sergio cheers sharon
Old Oct 25th 2004, 1:04 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by paul&sharon
thanx for your reply this has to be good news for me and others like me good luck with sergio cheers sharon
has anyone had any real hair nightmares in aus ? please tell i have lots of conflicting replies in the past and want to know your honest opinions, cheers sharon
Old Oct 25th 2004, 1:11 am
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

had one nightmare colour and cut..well two actually...both aussie hardressers
might be me who is crap at explaining how i want it...or scissor happy hairdresser...asked for shade 2-3 shades darker (hair was fairly blonde...fake ofcourse! )with contrasting highlights....got...almost purple base colour with white thick highlights..looked like a bloody badger(no offense badge if your read this )..went home...cried and then rang up and demanded it sorting out!..which they did! talk about stressful day..5 hrs later looked something like normal...but now have very dry damaged hair!
...all that because my english hairdresser had moved to their other salon and i couldnt be bothered to travel 20 mins

the english girl did tell me that she had some exams to do though before she could work.....try looking on the tafe website for western australia..dont have link sorry
Old Oct 25th 2004, 1:26 am
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=yvsie]had one nightmare colour and cut..well two actually...both aussie hardressers
might be me who is crap at explaining how i want it...or scissor happy hairdresser...asked for shade 2-3 shades darker (hair was fairly blonde...fake ofcourse! )with contrasting highlights....got...almost purple base colour with white thick highlights..looked like a bloody badger(no offense badge if your read this )..went home...cried and then rang up and demanded it sorting out!..which they did! talk about stressful day..5 hrs later looked something like normal...but now have very dry damaged hair!
...all that because my english hairdresser had moved to their other salon and i couldnt be bothered to travel 20 mins

the english girl did tell me that she had some exams to do though before she could work.....try looking on the tafe website for western australia..dont have link sorry[/QUOT sorry to hear about your bad experience leave the conditioner on and tie a plastic bag on your head for 30 mins the rinse and condition again do this three times a week you will be back to normal in 2 weeks, your stylist should have give you after care advice! good luck sharon.