Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Can i change my flight ????

Can i change my flight ????

Old Apr 14th 2011, 10:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

rackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud of
Default Can i change my flight ????

Can i change an Emirates flight, so i can have a longer wait in Dubai, a lesser flying time, and a better connection for my internal flight in Sydney, these flights were booked through an agent, what would it cost to do this any ideas guys ?? xx
Old Apr 14th 2011, 10:57 pm
Forum Regular

benhila is a glorious beacon of lightbenhila is a glorious beacon of lightbenhila is a glorious beacon of lightbenhila is a glorious beacon of lightbenhila is a glorious beacon of lightbenhila is a glorious beacon of lightbenhila is a glorious beacon of lightbenhila is a glorious beacon of lightbenhila is a glorious beacon of lightbenhila is a glorious beacon of lightbenhila is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Can i change my flight ????

How long is a piece of string?

Anyway, if you bought your ticket via Flight Centre, you are likely to be fined $150 per person plus any fare difference.
Old Apr 14th 2011, 10:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

rackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud of

Just gone into the booking and the seat numbers she told me was booked aren't !!! I have no seat numbers or anything against my booking ....
Old Apr 14th 2011, 10:59 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rackcatt
Can i change an Emirates flight, so i can have a longer wait in Dubai, a lesser flying time, and a better connection for my internal flight in Sydney, these flights were booked through an agent, what would it cost to do this any ideas guys ?? xx
You need to check the fare conditions of the fare you purchased.
Old Apr 14th 2011, 11:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Im mad, this other flight i want is 3 hours less and gives me more time to get my connection....can't believe they didn't offer it to me
Old Apr 14th 2011, 11:21 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Im mad, this other flight i want is 3 hours less and gives me more time to get my connection....can't believe they didn't offer it to me
But did it cost a lot more?

Emirates offer so many options now that quite often the short connections (in Dubai) seem to price up more expensive than the (i guess) less desirable long connections.

It is also possible your TA just screwed up. Your connection in SYD is tight but it's legal...so technically the agent hasn't done anything wrong...possibly they didn't realise it's not just a simple flight connection though.
Old Apr 14th 2011, 11:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Both flights are exactly same price, im going to email them and ask how we could go about changing this if its even possible....
Old Apr 14th 2011, 11:30 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

Both flights are exactly same price, im going to email them and ask how we could go about changing this if its even possible....
FWIW...Emirates change fees tend to be reasonable. I have changed itineraries before, multiple times...and not been charged a cent.

From memory, UK based posters may have been charged 75 quid.

You might have a reasonable case to get the agent to waive any fees they may try and charge, but as I said, as the connection they have booked for you is allowed they haven't made an error as such.
Old Apr 15th 2011, 4:30 am
Spud

spuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond repute

I have found that booking Emirates through agents almost always results in a flight via Bangkok, then onto Dubai. That's where your extra 3 hours comes from. If you book directly with Emirates there is always a direct flight to Dubai on offer, for about the same price. It's not always obvious, so best to double check before hitting that 'confirm' button.
Old Apr 15th 2011, 6:18 am
BE Enthusiast

mvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to all

It depends on what type of ticket you have been sold. Emirates do a flex fare and a saver fare.

The flex fare allows changes to your itinery at little cost and the saver fare has alot of restrictions and would probably cost quiet a bit to change.

I fly from the Uk to Perth and have nearly always found that the flex fare is the one with the short connection time and the saver fare has the long connection time.
Old Apr 15th 2011, 6:49 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by benhila
How long is a piece of string?

Anyway, if you bought your ticket via Flight Centre, you are likely to be fined $150 per person plus any fare difference.
Originally Posted by spuddyo
I have found that booking Emirates through agents almost always results in a flight via Bangkok, then onto Dubai. That's where your extra 3 hours comes from. If you book directly with Emirates there is always a direct flight to Dubai on offer, for about the same price. It's not always obvious, so best to double check before hitting that 'confirm' button.
The OP will be flying UK to Aus
Old Apr 15th 2011, 9:38 am
BE Enthusiast

billymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nice

can i ask why did you book through a agent,

you can book it online direct with emirate's pick the flights, seats and times you want plus they don't charge you to pay with your credit card..
Old Apr 15th 2011, 12:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi

I normally book through my discounted bank account booking service, but they couldn't get me the flights, being Easter
I wasn't online as i was on holiday so i used a booking flight company, can't say who it is as i won't be allowed on here.
We were struggling big time on getting flights on the dates we needed and also because we had dates to start a job, doubt it can be done, emirates said i need to go back to the company that booked them . awaiting to hear, doubtful...nothing is going to plan...
Old Apr 15th 2011, 7:18 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

I normally book through my discounted bank account booking service, but they couldn't get me the flights, being Easter
I wasn't online as i was on holiday so i used a booking flight company, can't say who it is as i won't be allowed on here.
We were struggling big time on getting flights on the dates we needed and also because we had dates to start a job, doubt it can be done, emirates said i need to go back to the company that booked them . awaiting to hear, doubtful...nothing is going to plan...
You can mention the company if you like, BE doesn't mind people recommending (or otherwise) as long as its not blatant advertising
Old Apr 18th 2011, 4:42 am
Spud

spuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
The OP will be flying UK to Aus
Same both ways. Dubai - Bangkok - Sydney instead of Dubai to Sydney direct. ( EK 412 / 413 are the direct flights )