Can i bring it?

Old Aug 28th 2010, 3:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

emma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to behold
Default Can i bring it?

We have a very expensive bottle of champagne in our fridge that we intended to crack open before the OH left last Wednesday However never got round to it before he left. Can i bring it over in my case when i fly or not?
Emma
Old Aug 28th 2010, 5:10 pm
Forum Regular

kellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud ofkellz has much to be proud of
Cool Re: Can i bring it?

I think so, just declare it, then enjoy it
Old Aug 28th 2010, 7:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

al150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Can i bring it?

Isn't it just the stuff in hand luggage that's an issue where fluids are concerned? Would have thought it could go in your suitcase but as kellz said just declare it.

Alison x
Old Aug 28th 2010, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

The_Foulgers will become famous soon enoughThe_Foulgers will become famous soon enough

Thats handy to know thanks, we've got same and we're anticipating opening once the visa arrived and house was sold but buyers (3rd set) tried to gazunder us so sale has fallen through. So we want to take it with us to open when we get our first house in Oz.

Good Luck emma75, when do you fly? We're flying September to Perth.
Old Aug 28th 2010, 10:00 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emma75
We have a very expensive bottle of champagne in our fridge that we intended to crack open before the OH left last Wednesday However never got round to it before he left. Can i bring it over in my case when i fly or not?
Emma
Only if you share.
Old Aug 28th 2010, 10:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

emma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by The_Foulgers
Thats handy to know thanks, we've got same and we're anticipating opening once the visa arrived and house was sold but buyers (3rd set) tried to gazunder us so sale has fallen through. So we want to take it with us to open when we get our first house in Oz.

Good Luck emma75, when do you fly? We're flying September to Perth.
My OH flew out last Wednesday, me and my two boys fly in about 6 weeks depending on our house! Good luck with your move.
Emma
Old Aug 28th 2010, 10:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Centurion
Only if you share.
Would love to, But your in Brisbane we will be in Sydney!
Old Aug 28th 2010, 11:05 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

I've been known to travel a long way for a glass or two of Krug
Old Aug 29th 2010, 1:55 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emma75
Emma
Yes you can. Don't put it in your hand luggage obviously and make sure it's well padded in your suitcase so it doesn't break when the ground crew throw your bags around. And as others have said, don't forget to declare it.
Old Aug 29th 2010, 2:35 am
Forum Regular

xpatjay will become famous soon enoughxpatjay will become famous soon enough

You'd be probably wise to go to the post office and buy one of those polystyrene wine bottle things which you can post wine in to protect it from excessively rough baggage handlers!