Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Can i ask for your honest opinions & thoughts

Can i ask for your honest opinions & thoughts

Old Aug 3rd 2005, 10:38 am
scoobydoo

Default Re: Can i ask for your honest opinions & thoughts

Originally Posted by Foster Clan
Well it hasn't been the best decision I have ever made. In fact it's probably been one of the worst (especially financially). However I am glad I have done it because although I have had to come half way round the world to realise it, and it has cost me a fortune in the process, I have learned a lot about myself and what is important to me. I was never not going to do it. But it has been the toughest time of my life.
Joanne

Would totally agree with this....we have learnt a lot from the experience and didn't want to be sat in the UK in a few years wishing we had tried something different.

BUT!....lost a lot of money, gave up a good job, caused a lot of stress to relatives and ourselves......and are now skint, and finding it hard to settle back here!!!!

Old Aug 3rd 2005, 11:24 am
CJN
Forum Regular

CJN is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Can i ask for your honest opinions & thoughts

Originally Posted by salonit
best decision we ever made!! even with all the ups and downs and sudden trips back home because my Dad just passed away - Still love it and feel lucky to be able to live here ( been here 9 months!)
Saloni
We're still waiting to be told to go for our medicals but....

I'm not worried at all even though I've never been to Oz

I'm not worried about getting a job, moving home, leaving friends & family behind, getting paid less money...................anything really.

I'm looking forward to the great weather, outdoor activities, discovering a new country & having a more laid back way of life rather than the stupid keeping up with the Jones' mentality of this cold & overpriced little rock.