Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Can anyone recommend tradies for bathroom reno (Northside Bris)?

Can anyone recommend tradies for bathroom reno (Northside Bris)?

Old Sep 2nd 2008, 3:47 am
Just Joined

linabey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can anyone recommend tradies for bathroom reno (Northside Bris)?

We've recently bought a house in the inner northern suburbs of Brissie (Virginia/Wavell Heights border) that needed a lot of updating. The kitchen is now complete, but we are desperately trying to get the bathroom renovated - the old bathroom (including floor) has been removed, and we have planned what's going where and bought the fittings (shower cubicle, short bath, toilet - just need to get a basin unit), so we just need tradie types to put down a floor, waterproof, tile (floor and walls) and install the bath etc.

The room is only small (2.3 x 2.5 sq.m), so I can't believe the quotes we've been getting - well into 5 figures! Many of these people seem to style themselves as 'bathroom designers' - it doesn't need designing, just installing! Can anyone out there recommend anyone who may be able to do some or, ideally all of this work? Preferably for a fair price and reasonably quickly, of course! I'd be grateful for any suggestions and/or recommendations...
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 6:59 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can anyone recommend tradies for bathroom reno (Northside Bris)?

Originally Posted by linabey
We've recently bought a house in the inner northern suburbs of Brissie (Virginia/Wavell Heights border) that needed a lot of updating. The kitchen is now complete, but we are desperately trying to get the bathroom renovated - the old bathroom (including floor) has been removed, and we have planned what's going where and bought the fittings (shower cubicle, short bath, toilet - just need to get a basin unit), so we just need tradie types to put down a floor, waterproof, tile (floor and walls) and install the bath etc.

The room is only small (2.3 x 2.5 sq.m), so I can't believe the quotes we've been getting - well into 5 figures! Many of these people seem to style themselves as 'bathroom designers' - it doesn't need designing, just installing! Can anyone out there recommend anyone who may be able to do some or, ideally all of this work? Preferably for a fair price and reasonably quickly, of course! I'd be grateful for any suggestions and/or recommendations...
I'm just on my way out of the door to do some measure & quote stuff, I'll be in later on tonight so will drop you a PM back then
Old Sep 4th 2008, 1:32 am
Just Joined

All these tradies in the immigration forum, and no-one in north Brisbane? Is it just that they don't need the work?
Old Sep 4th 2008, 2:20 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by linabey
All these tradies in the immigration forum, and no-one in north Brisbane? Is it just that they don't need the work?
PM Cresta, he should be able to help with at least some of the work, but I have to say there aren't that many people on BE in north Brisbane, especially in the line you're after.
Old Sep 4th 2008, 2:25 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't go that far South myself, my limit for travel is about Caloundra, after that it's just to costly to factor in travel & still remain competitive. I emailed a couple of tilers down that way to see if they were interested, no response yet from either
I guess no one is doing renovation work down there
Old Sep 4th 2008, 2:53 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57
I don't go that far South myself, my limit for travel is about Caloundra, after that it's just to costly to factor in travel & still remain competitive. I emailed a couple of tilers down that way to see if they were interested, no response yet from either
I guess no one is doing renovation work down there
Ah well, I thought you might have some contacts. Can't think of anyone else down this way.....
Old Sep 4th 2008, 3:53 am
Just Joined

Thanks anyway both of you for trying! We'll have to keep going through the yellow pages/local papers...
Old Sep 4th 2008, 4:15 am
Forum Regular

Demented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really nice

Hi Linabey, the company i work for are based in Kedron. Peter Ritchie Plumbing, give him a call and one of the boys will come out to do a quote for you 33590311.
Hope this helps.
Old Sep 4th 2008, 5:48 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Demented Ferret
Hi Linabey, the company i work for are based in Kedron. Peter Ritchie Plumbing, give him a call and one of the boys will come out to do a quote for you 33590311.
Hope this helps.
Thanks DF, will give them a try!
Old Sep 4th 2008, 6:06 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Demented Ferret
Hope this helps.