Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Can anyone recommend a good accountant in Sydney?

Can anyone recommend a good accountant in Sydney?

Old Mar 22nd 2004, 10:54 pm
Just Joined

babyface is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can anyone recommend a good accountant in Sydney?

Hi

I'm looking for a good and reasonably priced accountant in central Sydney (eastern suburbs ideally). The most important thing is that they understand both UK and Australian tax issues and have good knowledge of the ways british expats can arrange their finances and job contracts to save money. Obviously I'm after independent recommendations rather than straight plugs from any Accountants on the forum!

any help would be much appreciated.

Pete
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 9:31 am
Gary / Terri

Gary / Terri is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Can anyone recommend a good accountant in Sydney?

Pete
I notice you have no replies on this thread...i think this is because what you are seeking does not exist. However all is not lost. I think a good starting block would be AFS Pty Ltd. and a guy called Santi Burridge.... afsnorthsydney.com is the website and it has a profile and a skill set for this guy who understands UK pensions and endowment market as well as Aus. tax system, maybe a good starting point, ask for a 15 min free consultation which is what you would get if you met him at a seminar and then see if the company is for you....I have no interest in the company its just that I have met the guy and he seems to know what he is talking about. Alternativley, if you have a good relationship with your bank in the UK then I am sure they have an international offshore banking division who again should be able to help initially with advice before you make decisions.
Gary and Terri