Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Can anyone recommend a dishwasher?

Can anyone recommend a dishwasher?

Old Mar 5th 2009, 6:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Katherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really nice
Default Re: Can anyone recommend a dishwasher?

Originally Posted by spartacus
Bosch is top notch as is AEG (which is what we have).
we have just bought a fisher and paykel one. It isnt noisy and is a good washer -- but irritates me because the bottom tray doesnt slide in and out smoothly when it is full.....
Old Mar 5th 2009, 6:19 am
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Katherined0
we have just bought a fisher and paykel one. It isnt noisy and is a good washer -- but irritates me because the bottom tray doesnt slide in and out smoothly when it is full.....
We bought the F&P 2 drawer model as well and was about to recommend. Very handy having the 2 compartments.
Our slides in and out fine - I know this bottom drawer detaches from the rails for installation - are you sure its been properly put back in?
Old Mar 5th 2009, 6:22 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Katherined0
We have a F and P too - but not the swish (and pricey) two drawer job

Ours has run well enough since we've been here - 3.5 years - and I hope I haven't put the curse on it now !

Jim
Old Mar 5th 2009, 6:26 am
Forum Regular

Cant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really niceCant rain all the time2 is just really nice

I repair the things for a living. Do not buy Fisher & Paykel (esp. dishdrawer),Westinghouse and Dishlex are the SAME machine apart from the facia and badge!

Go for a basic Bosch machine.
Old Mar 5th 2009, 6:41 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Bosch for me too. There was a thread on this very subject a few months ago and someone was recommending ASKO (I think). Not seen any but I've not been dishwasher shopping since being here but the poster said they were the dogs whatsits.
Old Mar 5th 2009, 6:59 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

We have an LG. It's quiet except for when it's filling it has a very high pitched whistle, which irritates the shit out of me. Otherwise it does a very good job cleaning the dishes and has a delay feature which is nice. We set it to come on overnight or while we're at work.
Old Mar 5th 2009, 7:16 am
BE Forum Addict

kezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud of

Gee thanks guys looks like it's the Bosch that wins handsdown, I'll get shopping tomorrow!
Old Mar 5th 2009, 7:48 am
BE Enthusiast

neil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond repute

Look at ASKO, best dishwasher we have had. Had Bosch in UK that was Ok but Bosch in the rental when we got here was poor. Lots of cheap nasty dishwashers available here but not always cheap in price.
Old Mar 5th 2009, 8:03 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

We've had two Boschs and two Mieles. Miele machines generally aren't what they were a few years ago (they've got too clever for their own good, too many unintelligible programs...) but I would go for the Miele anyway. They both do a good clean but the Miele has a MUCH better cutlery drawer instead of a bin.
Old Mar 5th 2009, 9:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Tubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to all

We've got a Siemens (husband works for one of their companies so we got a discount) it's basically the same as the Bosch ones (same group) but with extra folding bits inside! More flexible layout, but in terms of washing ability no different. We love it.

I know that everyone has said to take all electrical appliances and from reading this thread I think we will definitely bring our dishwasher. Are the water connections all the same then or do you just need to get new pipes?
Old Mar 6th 2009, 8:20 am
BE Forum Addict

kezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud of

Went to Hardly Normals today and they had a Bosch end of the line in at $799, I thought that was pretty good seeing as I couldn't find one on the internet less than $840. But other half still aint happy about it, he wants to try and knock them down a bit more! Oh well the cheek of the devil he has, but I guess it's worth a go.
Old Mar 6th 2009, 10:47 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

hmmmm long dishwasher history.

Whirlpool...I reckon was our best..UK

LG two drawer 4 year old one. TOTAL pants. Didn't dry the dishes properly and the seal in the top drawer was slowly seeping into the electrics of the top drawer. Luckily it fused before it went on fire! Hard waste...

Bosch..was my Mums 7 year old one from the Uk (she got a smaller one) then the pump went and it was gonna cost $200 to get and fit new one...hard waste...

A very cheap no name one from the good guys. Total bollox! so glad its in our old house!

NOW...ASKO one, very quiet and very good, only fault is the cutlery tray thing is poxy
Old Mar 6th 2009, 6:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Katherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really nice

Originally Posted by EvannTel
We bought the F&P 2 drawer model as well and was about to recommend. Very handy having the 2 compartments.
Our slides in and out fine - I know this bottom drawer detaches from the rails for installation - are you sure its been properly put back in?
mine isnt the 2 drawer model -- just the standard F&P model....
Old Mar 6th 2009, 6:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

slipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Tubbs2Oz
We've got a Siemens (husband works for one of their companies so we got a discount) it's basically the same as the Bosch ones (same group) but with extra folding bits inside! More flexible layout, but in terms of washing ability no different. We love it.

I know that everyone has said to take all electrical appliances and from reading this thread I think we will definitely bring our dishwasher. Are the water connections all the same then or do you just need to get new pipes?
For me in the past it's always been the same. Guess it depends on how new or old your house is and thus the fittings in there....
Old Mar 7th 2009, 12:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

We have a BOSCH which was here when we moved in 4 years ago.

Also have one of their washing machines. Can't complain. German etc.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.