Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Can anyone recommend a bank for business accounts?

Can anyone recommend a bank for business accounts?

Old Apr 21st 2007, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

kegsta is just really nicekegsta is just really nicekegsta is just really nicekegsta is just really nicekegsta is just really nicekegsta is just really nicekegsta is just really nicekegsta is just really nice
Default Can anyone recommend a bank for business accounts?

Hi - lots of great experiences here on personal banking, but just wondering whether anyone had had experience of setting up their business bank accounts. And if so, who did you go with and why? The most important bit for me (by far) is whether you get a real grown-up human being who is your consistent point of contact (not necessarily in person, but at the end of a phone line). I can't think of anything more nightmarish than starting a business and having to talk to a call centre each time you need some help or information. I'll be in the Noosa area in Queensland if that's helpful. Many thanks
Old Jun 7th 2007, 11:30 pm
Account Closed

Dried Graze is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Can anyone recommend a bank for business accounts?

I would also be interested in hearing if anyone has any experience they'd like to share. I'm launching a web development/hosting and graphic design business on July 1st but I already have clients finding their way to me who require invoices.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 11:51 pm
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kegsta
Hi - lots of great experiences here on personal banking, but just wondering whether anyone had had experience of setting up their business bank accounts. And if so, who did you go with and why? The most important bit for me (by far) is whether you get a real grown-up human being who is your consistent point of contact (not necessarily in person, but at the end of a phone line). I can't think of anything more nightmarish than starting a business and having to talk to a call centre each time you need some help or information. I'll be in the Noosa area in Queensland if that's helpful. Many thanks
We use Suncorp and have a dedicated business manager. I've never had to use them though, as our banking needs are pretty simple, but I did have somebody else contact me suggesting we moved to a different account to get a higher rate of interest.

We were going to use Bendigo because their charges were cheaper but, after queueing for 15 minutes, the counter girl told us we would have to go to the back of the queue again because she'd just opened an account for the person in front of us and now lots of people were waiting! We went next door and had a Suncorp account 10 minutes later.

Jane
Old Jun 8th 2007, 5:11 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

I use the NAB and am happy with them for a small business account. Refreshingly simple to operate and walked in with my registration cert and it was all done with, company credit card, EFTPOS facility and the like.

Dont get fleeced for fees either & I am quite satisfied with the service too. went into the branch the other day to get a bank cheque and the girls remembered me and said cheerfully - no need for ID we know you here. Nice to be a name not a number.