Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Can anyone recommed a top loader?

Can anyone recommed a top loader?

Old May 27th 2010, 1:51 am
Arrived Perth June 2006

Dawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to behold
Default Can anyone recommed large front loader?

Hi there,

Can anyone recommend a large front loader?? ive been looking and reading up on product review site but would rather get a model recommended!

Cheers peeps

Last edited by Dawn; May 27th 2010 at 2:47 am.
Old May 27th 2010, 2:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice
Default Re: Can anyone recommed a top loader?

Originally Posted by Dawn
Hi there,

Can anyone recommend a top loader?? ive been looking and reading up on product review site but would rather get a model recommended!

Cheers peeps
The only recommendation I can give you is don't buy one. We had 1 when we moved over 6 years ago and they are bloody awful. they wreck your clothes and use a lot more water that a front loader. We sold it after persevering for 1 year!
Old May 27th 2010, 2:18 am
BE Forum Addict

elice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Billabong
The only recommendation I can give you is don't buy one. We had 1 when we moved over 6 years ago and they are bloody awful. they wreck your clothes and use a lot more water that a front loader. We sold it after persevering for 1 year!
Totally agree. If you can afford a front loader, they are way better.
Old May 27th 2010, 2:39 am
Arrived Perth June 2006

Dawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to behold

ahh thanks ive been reading up and going for a front loader, prob is i wanted a large machine to put my doona in thanks again
Old May 27th 2010, 2:43 am
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

DONT DO IT!!!!

They may be cheaper machines - but bear in mind your clothes will never be TRULY clean and after 3 cycles through the wash any delicates will be heading for the bin as top loaders SHRED clothes far too regularly.

Save yourself the grief of a toppy - and get a front loader that will give you trouble free clean clothes for years.

Of course if you want to clean a doona you can always take it to the dry cleaners!
Old May 27th 2010, 2:45 am
Arrived Perth June 2006

Ha Ha, yes im taking your advice and def going for a front loader, just need a large god one
Old May 27th 2010, 3:01 am
BE Forum Addict

elice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dawn
Ha Ha, yes im taking your advice and def going for a front loader, just need a large god one
I've got a Samsung J1043 with a 7kg capacity. You could probably fit a single doona in it. I've had it almost 4 years and it's been great. I have washed a cotton rug (largish one from Ikea) in it as well as pillows and other large items. Never tried a large doona though (doubt it would fit) but many laundrettes have large machines for doonas. Cheaper than the dry cleaner's.
Old May 27th 2010, 3:21 am
Simply happy in Sydney!

LittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of light

I have one of the Ariston Aqualtis washing machines for around a year and have been really happy with it. It has a large 8kg drum and I can get both the 4.5 and 10.5tog bits of our king size duvet in (separately). It was quite expensive but I did get a rebate from Sydney water and also haggled a load off the price in the shop. It has a great 30 minute quick wash that I sometimes use and to be honest, the clothes come out as clean as the full wash (although I don't put as much washing in).
Old May 27th 2010, 3:22 am
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by elice_in_oz
Cheaper than the dry cleaner's.
Do you have any idea how many 20c coins you need to put in the drier at the laundrette to get a king sized goose down doona to dry?

Its almost cheaper to buy a new one!