Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Can anyone help me with a couple of queries

Can anyone help me with a couple of queries

Old Mar 25th 2006, 9:39 am
BE Enthusiast

lawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud of
Default Can anyone help me with a couple of queries

Hello Guys

Can anyone offer any advice on the following

1, Is there some kind of calculator online that you can key in annual aussie salary and it will tell you your take home amount?

2, Any recommendations for tv, telephone, broadband. We use broadband alot, will want to call the UK regulary etc

Thanks possums

LaLa x
Old Mar 25th 2006, 10:19 am
BE Enthusiast

lawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud of
Default Re: Can anyone help me with a couple of queries

Originally Posted by lawlaw
Hello Guys

1, Is there some kind of calculator online that you can key in annual aussie salary and it will tell you your take home amount?

2, Any recommendations for tv, telephone, broadband. We use broadband alot, will want to call the UK regulary etc

Thanks possums

LaLa x
anyone???
Old Mar 25th 2006, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

galloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nicegalloping gaijin is just really nice

Originally Posted by lawlaw
Hello Guys

Thanks possums

LaLa x
1. - http://ato.gov.au/default.asp?menu=40

hardly rocket science - look at the tax office website

2. - Contact telstra/optus you may have cable, other wise if you use the internet a lot - do a proper search, there is a site that lists it all for you, but in Oz, it aint cheap.

If use use broad band for skype etc, you'll need some endless bandwidth contract which probs $60/mthly.
Old Mar 25th 2006, 10:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by galloping gaijin
1. - http://ato.gov.au/default.asp?menu=40

hardly rocket science - look at the tax office website

2. - Contact telstra/optus you may have cable, other wise if you use the internet a lot - do a proper search, there is a site that lists it all for you, but in Oz, it aint cheap.

If use use broad band for skype etc, you'll need some endless bandwidth contract which probs $60/mthly.
Thanks
Old Mar 25th 2006, 10:41 am
That's Dr Bitch to you

Sass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond repute

For the tax check out the australian tax office website. Its not bad but takes a while to find some things.
For TV, we just have terrestrial and bit torrents and think foxtel is a rip off.
We have a pretty good deal with iinet for asdl and phone and most ISP's will package phone and broadband. Check out whirlpool.com.au for comparisons. Also check out some old posts on this forum as this subject comes up a lot.

Sass
Old Mar 25th 2006, 10:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sass73
For the tax check out the australian tax office website. Its not bad but takes a while to find some things.
For TV, we just have terrestrial and bit torrents and think foxtel is a rip off.
We have a pretty good deal with iinet for asdl and phone and most ISP's will package phone and broadband. Check out whirlpool.com.au for comparisons. Also check out some old posts on this forum as this subject comes up a lot.

Sass

Thanks sass, will check it out