Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Can anyone help me with this?

Can anyone help me with this?

Old Mar 5th 2003, 1:09 pm
Just Joined

TimTam is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Can anyone help me with this?

Hi - Am new to this site, but could anyone help?.......

If we logged our application for a skilled permanent residency visa for Australia (in the UK) and then wanted to return to Australia for a year, while it was being processed, is this likely to cause major problems - and has anyone out there done this?

I've read that you have to remain in the country you logged the application in, when the decision is made. I understand that there is some way that you can go to Australia, while your application is processed - under some situations, but just wondered if anyone had any experience they could impart onto me!!

Would really appreciate anyone's wisdom on this one!!

Old Mar 5th 2003, 6:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Can anyone help me with this?

Hi there!

I'm sure you can go to Australia on a different sort of visa whilst awaiting PR, but you have to leave the country for your visa to be granted - a trip to New Zealand perhaps. I also seems to remeber something about being careful as the last visa you get granted is the one that stands, therefore if you get your PR, but simultanepusly get granted a tourist visa and you get the timing wrong, bang goes your PR. An agent will explain this better, but keep DIMIA aware of what you are doing & where you are.

Mash...

Originally posted by TimTam
Hi - Am new to this site, but could anyone help?.......

If we logged our application for a skilled permanent residency visa for Australia (in the UK) and then wanted to return to Australia for a year, while it was being processed, is this likely to cause major problems - and has anyone out there done this?

I've read that you have to remain in the country you logged the application in, when the decision is made. I understand that there is some way that you can go to Australia, while your application is processed - under some situations, but just wondered if anyone had any experience they could impart onto me!!

Would really appreciate anyone's wisdom on this one!!