Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Can anyone help !!!

Can anyone help !!!

Old Sep 17th 2007, 3:37 pm
Forum Regular

PIPPADEE will become famous soon enoughPIPPADEE will become famous soon enough
Default Can anyone help !!!

Hi i wounder if anyone can help me . I put my application in on the 4th Aug , my nominated occupation is RGN,but have been working as a company secretary for my husbands company for the last 2 years as the hours fitter in better with the kids. 6 weeks ago our company burnt to the ground and problems with the insurance company meant we had to file for bankrupcy . Therefore we are now both unemployed. How do they check your references as the company no longer exists, and do we both need to get new jobs before they will grant our visas.
If anyone can put are minds at rest we might be able to sleep better at night as you can imagine its been a very stressful time.
Thanks
PIPPADEE
Old Sep 18th 2007, 4:52 am
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can anyone help !!!

Hi - as far as I know they only assess you on your employment at time of application. I think they would understand your circumstances if they required further information anyway. Sorry to hear of your bad luck and try not to feel too stressed (easier said than done I realise!)

Good luck
Old Sep 18th 2007, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

PIPPADEE will become famous soon enoughPIPPADEE will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Can anyone help !!!

Originally Posted by tking
Hi - as far as I know they only assess you on your employment at time of application. I think they would understand your circumstances if they required further information anyway. Sorry to hear of your bad luck and try not to feel too stressed (easier said than done I realise!)

Good luck
Thanks for that, do you think if we gave them our accountants telephone number they would ring him for references