Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Can anyone enlighten me?

Can anyone enlighten me?

Old Mar 30th 2006, 9:51 am
snye

snye is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Can anyone enlighten me?

We have just had the medicals and police checks done and hopefully will be sent off next week? My concern is that i have HOCM an enlarged heart, which is controlled by Atenolol tablets and annual check ups. Has anyone passed a medical with a heart condition? My GP has written a summary of the condition. Other than that I am healthy?? would be great to hear from someone out there in the same or a similar boat!!!!
Old Mar 30th 2006, 10:52 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can anyone enlighten me?

I also have a heart condition and had the cardiologist I used to see write a short note about the condition and it's prognosis. I have tacchycardia and premature beats. It's controlled with a low dose of propranolol and ASA, and the cardiologist simply stated in his letter that it is a benign condition and I am able to live a full and normal life with no impediments to working. Our panel doc just asked me at the medicals whether my condition was under control and I said yes.
Mostly DIMA are looking for conditions which will cost the health care system $$ in the long run. If you are otherwise healthy and fully able to work then don't worry too much. I know, easier said than done.