Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Can Anyone Advise On Sponsorship

Can Anyone Advise On Sponsorship

Old Jun 8th 2003, 3:32 pm
Just Joined

paul & michele is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can Anyone Advise On Sponsorship

Can anyone advise on where to find the rules for a friend sponsorship and what forms need to be completed.

I have visited the immi.gov.au site and can only find relative sponsorship.

I would appreciate any help that can be given.

Thanks
Paul
Old Jun 8th 2003, 4:51 pm
Forum Regular

ellen1 is an unknown quantity at this point

is this a wind up?
not being rude or anything, but i have never heard of a friend sponsorship!, if so we would all be doing it! (well those that do have friends in oz)

love to hear feedback

ellen
Old Jun 8th 2003, 5:02 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

A "friend" can be your assurer (and has to lodge an assurence of support on your behalf), but you have to have a close family member who can sponsor you. (or that was the case last time i looked!)
Old Jun 8th 2003, 5:16 pm
Badge

can I sponsor my brother on this programme - does he have to have a skilled profession a la 139 skilled programme or is it enough that I put up the assurance of support...

thinking of getting my twin brother over...it's true - there are two of us!!!

badgers

Old Jun 8th 2003, 5:56 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by badgersmount
can I sponsor my brother on this programme - does he have to have a skilled profession a la 139 skilled programme or is it enough that I put up the assurance of support...

thinking of getting my twin brother over...it's true - there are two of us!!!

badgers
[QUOTE]

Oh god help us!
You can sponsor relatives and assure them, but only after you've lived there for 2 years, but he still has to pass all the usual requirements (age, skill etc) but does not have to do the points test with assurer.
Old Jun 8th 2003, 7:54 pm
Just Joined

H
Thanks for your reply it has been very helpful to two novices who are desperately trying to get a case together.

Would you be good enough to let me know where I can find some info on this.

Regards
Paul

Originally posted by h garrett
A "friend" can be your assurer (and has to lodge an assurence of support on your behalf), but you have to have a close family member who can sponsor you. (or that was the case last time i looked!)
Old Jun 8th 2003, 8:01 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

Remember a company can sponsor you too, Nurses seem to be able to get company sponsorship, what are both your occupations?
Old Jun 8th 2003, 8:06 pm
High in the Dandenongs

Originally posted by paul & michele
H
Thanks for your reply it has been very helpful to two novices who are desperately trying to get a case together.

Would you be good enough to let me know where I can find some info on this.

Regards
Paul
Hi Paul and Michele, All of the info is on the "immi" site. You just need to trawl through it to find whats best for you both really. Hope you find what you need
Heather
Old Jun 8th 2003, 8:35 pm
Just Joined

Paul
Thanks for your reply.

I am an office manger for a County Council, Michele is a customer advisor fo a bank.

Regards
Paul

Originally posted by paulf
Remember a company can sponsor you too, Nurses seem to be able to get company sponsorship, what are both your occupations?