Reload this Page >

Can anyone advise the best way for getting a Job in Oz

Can anyone advise the best way for getting a Job in Oz

Old Nov 26th 2008, 11:07 am
Just Joined

naomi20403 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can anyone advise the best way for getting a Job in Oz

Hi ,
I am an Indian by nationality having a PR of Australia under the highly skilled migration scheme as a Civil Engineer into building construction .I have been trying hard to get a job , but without success , though through the internet using seek.com.au .I am presenlty employed in London but would like to move on to Oz ASAP.

Can anyone advise me the best way out in getting a job? I do know that employers there are reluctant to take on overseas candidates due to lack of locak experience .
Old Nov 26th 2008, 11:38 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Can anyone advise the best way for getting a Job in Oz

Unfortunatley I think the best way to get a job is to be in the country.

My husband tried to get a mining engineering job in Oz while we were still in Canada and had no luck. Once he was here though they were all over him. Keep looking but at some point you might just have to plan a trip over here to do some job hunting.
Old Nov 27th 2008, 9:40 am
Forum Regular

spadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nice

Same with me , I applied for loads of jobs while still in the UK but no luck.As soon as I got here I had no problems at all , there's plenty of jobs.
Good Luck
Old Nov 27th 2008, 9:55 am
BE Enthusiast

chilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nice

I've been applying for a few pending my arrival in Feb, no luck as yet!

I'm hoping there's no problem when I actually get there!???
Old Nov 27th 2008, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

noggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to all

Hop on a plane....get here..buy a paper...beats playin on yr labtop!!!
Old Nov 27th 2008, 11:02 am
mmmmmm duff

MarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by naomi20403
but would like to move on to Oz ASAP.
Get on a plane then.....