British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   can any one answer me this one plz (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/can-any-one-answer-me-one-plz-335485/)

dazkers Nov 4th 2005 4:02 pm

can any one answer me this one plz

hi guys i'm 34 am a skilled tradesman and have held a australian pertmanent resident visa 5 yrs ago. would i have enough points to qualify for a visa to migrate again as this time i will do it right and take the mrs with me.

selina Nov 4th 2005 10:02 pm

Re: can any one answer me this one plz

Originally Posted by dazkers
hi guys i'm 34 am a skilled tradesman and have held a australian pertmanent resident visa 5 yrs ago. would i have enough points to qualify for a visa to migrate again as this time i will do it right and take the mrs with me.

hi, the best thing is to do a points test online and take it from there. is your PR visa no longer valid?

dazkers Nov 4th 2005 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by selina
hi, the best thing is to do a points test online and take it from there. is your PR visa no longer valid?

hi selina no visa ran out 5 yrs ago where can i do an online points test have been lookin but not able to find one

selina Nov 4th 2005 10:35 pm

hi selina no visa ran out 5 yrs ago where can i do an online points test have been lookin but not able to find one

hi, there are loads of agents that do it for free online just do a search on google. i used the one on www.migrationexpert.com so you could give them a go, it is free. selina

dazkers Nov 4th 2005 10:41 pm

hi, there are loads of agents that do it for free online just do a search on google. i used the one on www.migrationexpert.com so you could give them a go, it is free. selina

hi again have done it with a cpl of agents but they all want me to go for sponsorship from my uncle who lives in w.a only thing is havent spoke to him in nearly 5 yrs since i left to come home and marry my wife. and didnt part to well with his wife she told me i wouldnt to go back.? dont know wether she meant there or aus in general.

selina Nov 4th 2005 10:50 pm

hi again have done it with a cpl of agents but they all want me to go for sponsorship from my uncle who lives in w.a only thing is havent spoke to him in nearly 5 yrs since i left to come home and marry my wife. and didnt part to well with his wife she told me i wouldnt to go back.? dont know wether she meant there or aus in general.

hi, i would try to go it alone if you have enough points. if you don't then you may have to swallow your pride and get in touch with your uncle to sound him out. what trade are you in? is it on the MODL?

dazkers Nov 4th 2005 10:53 pm

hi, i would try to go it alone if you have enough points. if you don't then you may have to swallow your pride and get in touch with your uncle to sound him out. what trade are you in? is it on the MODL?

i'm a vehicle body builder. and i think it is.? my mate who i did my apprenticeship with can get me a job in adelaide no worries..i just got to get me there. :(

selina Nov 4th 2005 11:00 pm

i'm a vehicle body builder. and i think it is.? my mate who i did my apprenticeship with can get me a job in adelaide no worries..i just got to get me there. :(

Hi, can you not get your mate to see if there are any companies in adelaide that will sponser you? you need to check the MODL to see if you can get those extra points for sure. you really need to see how many points you have before you go any further.

Hels Nov 4th 2005 11:19 pm

Now I may be way off base here, and I definatly dont know the ins and outs..

however I thought there was a returning PR option?

If you have held a PR before, then I think you can use that somehow??

Might be worth checking it out.....I may be wrong but its something that rings a bell...

JAJ Nov 5th 2005 1:50 am

Originally Posted by Hels
Now I may be way off base here, and I definatly dont know the ins and outs..

however I thought there was a returning PR option?

If you have held a PR before, then I think you can use that somehow??

Might be worth checking it out.....I may be wrong but its something that rings a bell...

If one had PR 5 years ago and it's expired, then unless you have kept strong ties with Australia it's likely gone for good:
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/968i.pdf

Jeremy

JAJ Nov 5th 2005 1:51 am

If you were married when you got a visa last time (or in an eligible de-facto relationship) and you did not declare your spouse, then that may still haunt you now. Get some good professional advice.

Jeremy