Camping

Old Apr 4th 2010, 11:35 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Camping

is shite

Discuss ......
Old Apr 4th 2010, 11:38 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Camping

Originally Posted by stuckinblighty
is shite

Discuss ......
Generally, yes ... my experience of much camping in Wales and around England probably colours my judgement.

My OH keeps trying to convince me that Aus is different but I fail to see the appeal unless Barbara Windsor is back in her prime with an ill-fitting cossie.

Best Camp Experience (missus) - Le Mans 24 Hour Race ... so tired and boozed-up it didn't matter.
Old Apr 4th 2010, 11:41 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Generally, yes ... my experience of much camping in Wales and around England probably colours my judgement.

My OH keeps trying to convince me that Aus is different but I fail to see the appeal unless Barbara Windsor is back in her prime with an ill-fitting cossie.

Best Camp Experience (missus) - Le Mans 24 Hour Race ... so tired and boozed-up it didn't matter.
Camping in Wales...we're you the only gay in the village ?
Old Apr 4th 2010, 11:44 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Camping in Wales...we're you the only gay in the village ?
There were plenty ... all that angst and singing is just a cover for repressed homosexuality.

Isn't it?

Boyo

etc ... ad nauseum ...
Old Apr 4th 2010, 11:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim

Camping as a kid. Low ridge tent. No rollmats. A meagre extension in which to take off shoes. Heavy poles - if light then. Damp feeling from rolling against the side of the tent during the night. The yomp from the coach stop which made the one made across East Falkland look like a picnic.

Camping with my kids. A tent where each room is one and a half times the size of the tent we used. Chairs, tables, small fridge, a dustpan and brush to sweep out the tent.

Car-camping by the sea/river is great in Victoria. we got back yesterday really refreshed. Wasn't hard work by any means. Any fool can rough it.
Old Apr 4th 2010, 11:53 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

is shite

Discuss ......
Unless the "campground" comes with a Michelin 4 star rating, room service and a spa bath it's shite.
Old Apr 4th 2010, 11:53 pm
Mostly Harmless

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Camping as a kid. Low ridge tent. No rollmats. A meagre extension in which to take off shoes. Heavy poles - if light then. Damp feeling from rolling against the side of the tent during the night. The yomp from the coach stop which made the one made across East Falkland look like a picnic.

Camping with my kids. A tent where each room is one and a half times the size of the tent we used. Chairs, tables, small fridge, a dustpan and brush to sweep out the tent.

Car-camping by the sea/river is great in Victoria. we got back yesterday really refreshed. Wasn't hard work by any means. Any fool can rough it.
I keep hearing this but it just seems more hassle that it's worth ... I can look out my door and see a few acres of loveliness with nary a bother in sight ... we even had a 'roo bound through the other day.

Now, why would I want to pack a heap of stuff in the car and get busy with poles and all that jazz? AND most likely have some numbskull pitch next to me, the avoidance of which is exactly the reason I live out here

OK, wild camping, yeh ... but mossies, inconvenience ... and close proximity to family for extended period of time?!
Old Apr 5th 2010, 12:03 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Any fool can rough it.
Whereas the rest of us prefer to stay in at least 4* hotels Never camped, never likely to, unless it comes complete with beds, electricity and a full bathroom.
Old Apr 5th 2010, 5:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Seasider
Whereas the rest of us prefer to stay in at least 4* hotels Never camped, never likely to, unless it comes complete with beds, electricity and a full bathroom.
I agree.

I spent many a miserable childhood holiday in ridge tents, frame tents and caravans in cold and damp places - it was cold and damp even when we toured the south of France!! Eating crap food because that's all you can cook on the primus and sh1tting in a bucket or behind a tree....

No thanks
Old Apr 5th 2010, 5:25 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

We got back this morning from a four day Easter break up at "The Burrum Heads Easter Fishing Comp". This year we camped on a site that allowed dogs, so ours came with us. He's exhausted now, asleep on the deck, after spending most of the last four days swimming with the kids.
The first few years we lived here we camped over at Inskip & roughed it, long drop dunnies & no shower unless you had a bucket one Now I'd rather pay 10 bucks a night & have a hot shower twice a day & a flushing shitter
Old Apr 5th 2010, 8:16 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

is shite

Discuss ......
We went camping at the weekend and had a great time. This is my third time camping in WA and I am well and truly hooked.

I love it, the whole atmosphere on the campsites and meeting people, the journey there - the whole lot.

Although this time we screwed up a bit, I packed what I thought was our mini stove in its hard plastic box so we could heat up some water for a cuppa as there was a fire ban where we stayed (small stoves allowed), unpacked the stove and discovered it was Mr PPs powerdrill - they have the same box.

But other than that it was all good
Old Apr 5th 2010, 8:24 am
BE Enthusiast

kendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nice

Love it!!! Just the sort of thing I would do and then would have to listen to OH jokes all weekend about 'at least we can have a screw' or summat daft like that!!!!
Old Apr 5th 2010, 8:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Hino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond repute

Love it

I've camped all over Australia, sometimes on camp sites and caravan parks, but often I just pull over to the side of the road. The space from the edge of the road to the nearest fence line, is usually State or Government owned and I've never had any hassle free camping in that space.

A great way to really see the country and meet some great people.
Old Apr 5th 2010, 12:06 pm
Living on the Gold Coast

Spellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to behold

We love it to and just got back from a long weekend away down in NSW. A four star campsite with excellent facilities, $30 a night. Just the two of us and we have a 3 room tent with a foot or so above our heads so we dont have to stoop. We always go on a powered site and have a queensize double height air bed and duvet, kitchen area with kettle and toaster and cupboards for our clothes. We take the laptop and watch UK TV programmes that I have downloaded. We call it posh camping and love it! We never went camping at all in the UK, always had the 2 week, European/USA summer holidays.
Old Apr 5th 2010, 1:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

pproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud of
Cool Re: Camping

is shite

Discuss ......
or good depending what you make of it. Returning tomorrow from 4 days camping with friends which has been very enjoyable.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.