British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Campervan in WA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/campervan-wa-903494/)

brits1 Sep 24th 2017 8:49 am

Re: Campervan in WA

It also depends on when your travelling, if its WA winter I would head North of Perth, Cerventes (has caravan sites) Geraldton, Kalbarri is a lovely beach area and then head further up north to Ningaloo Marine Park, Broome. If is south of Perth, Mandurah, Busselton, Margaret River, Albany, Esperance are all lovely areas, not huge like most of the places I have mentioned but we enjoyed visiting them when we lived in Perth. Do not forget though the distances between some of these places are hours in between with not much else in between. Good luck and I hope you enjoy your journey.

Dorothy Sep 24th 2017 9:59 am

Originally Posted by brits1 (Post 12345100)
It also depends on when your travelling, if its WA winter I would head North of Perth, Cerventes (has caravan sites) Geraldton, Kalbarri is a lovely beach area and then head further up north to Ningaloo Marine Park, Broome. If is south of Perth, Mandurah, Busselton, Margaret River, Albany, Esperance are all lovely areas, not huge like most of the places I have mentioned but we enjoyed visiting them when we lived in Perth. Do not forget though the distances between some of these places are hours in between with not much else in between. Good luck and I hope you enjoy your journey.

OP said they're doing the trip next month, so spring in WA

brits1 Sep 24th 2017 7:08 pm

Woops sorry....early Spring I would head North WA as it might be still a bit wet and cooler if you head south WA, if the weather is not so important then I would go South as I/we liked that part of WA more than the North, that is only my opinion though.

Dorothy Sep 25th 2017 12:05 am

Originally Posted by brits1 (Post 12345431)
Woops sorry....early Spring I would head North WA as it might be still a bit wet and cooler if you head south WA, if the weather is not so important then I would go South as I/we liked that part of WA more than the North, that is only my opinion though.

I've not been very far north, but I really like the southwest as well. My sister is coming over in April and I have a 2 week road trip planned for us through the south.

brits1 Sep 27th 2017 2:50 pm

That will be lovely, if only for two weeks then I would do quality over quantity as the distances between each area is quite extensive ie if I remember it is about 500 km from Albany to Esperance so maybe a trip Busselton,Bunbury,Margaret River, Augusta,Walpole are all interesting places. I hope you have a great time.